7/31 - Amelia had her first book club. Right before bed Miya decided she wanted to read a book. She plopped down and carefully picked out the one she wanted. Seeing her Amelia realized that she wanted to read a book too. She also carefully picked out a book ("buh") too. She was petting the stripes of her Zigby book and pointing out the zebra on each page. Then Spencer looked about wondering where his sisters had gone. He looked over and said, "Hey guys! That's a great idea!" He also very carefully chose his book and sat down to read. At this point I couldn't resist and had to snatch a picture. Since Aaron has gone back to work (truly an answer to prayer) I've been getting used to life without him to help with the kids. It's moments like this that not only make it easier but more enjoyable.
8/1 - Amelia had a lot of firsts on the first and it seems fitting. It was really an exciting day for her. This is her first ever up-do. She's worn a headband before but never something like this. It's so so fun! She sat so well while I did it, and fixed it twice, too.
8/1 - This is her after church where she went to her first day of Sunday school. I still can't believe she's already 18 months (well, officially on the 5th) and old enough for nursery at church. I hadn't planned on actually taking her today, I just went to tell the women there that she will be 18 months on Thursday and to ask if they wanted her to come today or next week. Right then one of them said, let's see how she does. Amelia was so cute when Yolanda took her, she looked at me, then at her and raised one eyebrow. That was the extent of it. Too cute! Later when I was changing Alex's diaper I stopped to check on her through the peep hole. She was happy as a clam giving exploratory pokes to her play-doh. When I came to pick her up she saw me and immediately turned her back and continued to catch bubbles with her friends. She was not ready to get picked up yet. She continued for several minutes checking that I was still there but playing happily. Finally it was time to go and she gave everyone a sweet wave and said, "BYE!" I'm so glad she had fun and that it was so easy!
8/1 - While in Nursery Amelia colored this picture of Jesus. This is her first ever coloring project. She's drawn with crayons before but never colored a picture of something. I love the tiny green speck and a few red lines. It's interesting to me that she only has about 20 words right now but one of them is Jesus - "Jee Jee." Every time she sees a picture of him, or any man with a beard and brown hair, she gets all excited points and says, "Jee Jee." She was having a hard moment and crying in church today and I took her into the hall and there was a large picture of Jesus. Instantly she stopped crying flapped her arms and yelled, "JEE JEE!". It was so precious!




No comments:
Post a Comment