Friday, August 27, 2010

Four is FUN!

"This is the best birthday ever because I love you!"  Now that's what I like to hear.  Miss Miya turned four on the 25th and we had so much fun celebrating all day long.

8/25 - We went shopping the day before for her favorite foods to eat.  On our way to the store she saw an ad for doughnut holes and decided they were the best thing ever and she needed them for her special day.  She was so cute picking out her favorite ones and was quite selective about it too.  Here she is all ready to start the day with a yummy if not nutritious breakfast.

8/25 - We opened presents right after breakfast so Spencer could see before he went off to school.  We wanted her to be able to play with her fun new toys to ease the pain that her "best friend Spencer" wouldn't be sharing the whole day with her.  I love her happy surprise face while opening her "spotted horsey."  Model horses are her favorite things.

8/25 - While poking around on ebay I found these amazing and int- ricate Barbie dresses for really cheap!  We got them for less than a dollar each which was so fun because poor Barbie sure needed a fashion update.  Most of the clothes she has came from my collection that I saved all these years.  She loves her six fancy new dresses!

8/25 - Miya's birthday is the last in our little cluster so she's had a lot of time to think about what she wanted.  The only thing she asked for was an Aurora Barbie.  We were more than happy to oblige because these dolls are so beautiful and she plays with them endlessly.

8/25 - She was so excited to show "spotted horsey" her new "one money" from Aunt Suzi.  Then she informed us, "Spotted Horsey thinks it's pretty beautiful!"

8/25 - Also on the list was another new and improved "boy Barbie" complete with alternate outfit.  She had two until Amelia decided to decapitate the Ken I had when I was young.  It's not like she just popped off the head because that kind of stuff happens all the time, she managed to detach his head from his neck but not completely giving us a toy version of Nearly Headless Nick.  This new one is so much better and Miya has already named him Prince Phillip so he could be the boy with her new Aurora Barbie, "just like my Sleeping Beauty show!"

8/25 - Though several happy circumstances and three gift cards as a result of endless online surveys we bought a Nintendo 64.  I was really wanting a gaming system but it will be a long time until we could afford a Wii and all the games I know and love come on the 64 anyway.  As it turns out it arrived on Miya's birthday and we had so much fun playing together.

8/25 - Cruis'n USA was one of my favorite games and I remember driving on the grass a lot when I first learned too so I think it's only fitting that my cute four year old specializes in off-roading.

8/25 - After that she asked Aaron if he'd be her "hand- some Prince Phillip" what Daddy could refuse?  They loved playing Sleeping Beauty together and Miya even made him sing "Once Upon a Dream" with her.  It was so so cute!"

8/25 - Barbie love!

8/25 - I let Miya help me bake her funfetti cake and then later we added frosting and sprinkles.  She insisted on adding the sprinkles by herself and make a lovely hill right in the middle before becoming a little more conservative around the edges.  I helped her spread them out and they added an interesting crunchiness not typically found in birthday cake.

8/25 - It's a good thing I had the camera all ready to go because we weren't even done singing when Miya decided it was time to blow out the candles.  I really love the way her cheeks puff up when she blows out candles.

8/25 - As part of the birthday festivities Miya got to pick what we did for fun that day.  She has so many model horses and just got another one for her birthday so she decided that we all should play horses together.  Even Alex joined in on the fun.  It was so fun playing the same thing together.  She even assigned each of us horses based on our personality and interests.  It was so so cute.

3 comments:

  1. I heart your family! That last picture is just adorable. (Makes me want to have more kids. Shhh... Don't tell Josh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great day. I am so glad that Miya had a fun day and will enjoy countless hours with Prince Phillip (Ken).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her birthday hat! We have a nintendo 64 too, SO much fun! We play Mario Kart all the time!

    ReplyDelete