Friday, August 27, 2010

Miya - A Look Back

Miya turned four on August 25th.  Birthdays are always a time of reflection for me.  I think about my pregnancy with that particular child and I look through their scrapbooks to help me remember their lives.  My Miya has always been up for an adventure and yet calm when she's not exploring.  She's so sweet and polite all the time saying please and thank you without prompting.  She also likes to say excuse me to talk to busy people.  It's so adorable and helps her get everything she wants.  I know she's all about working the system.

8/25/2006 - Miya's was my easiest pregnancy by far.  I think maybe God decided I needed a break after Spencer's crazy pregnancy.  I found out I was pregnant with Miya on New Years Eve 2005.  As it turned out I was pregnant twice in 2005.  Good times.  To say it was a shock would be a bit of an understatement.  Spencer had just turned four months old and while we wanted more I wasn't planning on it any time soon.  I'm glad it was a surprise though because I was definitely scared by Spencer's pregnancy.

With Miya I wasn't nauseous at all!  We lovingly refer to it as the vomit-free pregnancy.  I also didn't have nearly as many contractions.  My activities were restricted but mostly as a precaution after Spencer.  I craved peas.  I would open a can and eat them cold with a spoon right out of the can.  I did this several times a week.

When it came to the end of the pregnancy I was ready to meet my little girl but afraid of life with two.  It was easier than I thought it would be.  She was originally scheduled to be born by repeat c-section on the 22nd but there were some scheduling problems with the OR and they made me come back three days later.  It was really hard for me to wait those few extra days.

8/25/2006 - My sweet Miya moo was cutier than I thought possible.  Miya Elizabeth was born at 12:24pm.  She was 6lb 15.5oz. and 21" long (my tallest by 1.5").  She had so much dark hair and the cutest little round face.  When Spencer met her it was love at first sight and they have alway been the best of friends.

6/2/2007 - My adventure Miya in action.  This little girl has never been afraid of anything.  She rolled over at 1.5 months.  I even took a video to show everyone that I didn't image it.  She crawled around eight months and here she is less than a month after that doing stairs all on her own.  It really freaked me out the first time she went up the stairs but by the time she was 10 months old she had mastered them up and down and couldn't even walk on her own yet.

8/1/2008 - Another example of how she's always up for anything.  At the zoo here in Des Moines they have a little pond where you can feed the fish.  The fish go crazy here and pack in as tightly as they can. Well, Miya decided it would be fun to touch one so she flopped down on her belly and touched one like it was no big deal.  Meanwhile Spencer was freaking out next to her, "DON'T TOUCH IT!"  She just laughed at him.

7/11/2009 - Precarious perches are another Miya specialty.  I'm not actually holding her in this picture but I'm there just in case.  She told me to move over a little so she could swing and there she was dangling from the branch swinging and joyfully shouting, "WEE!" as loud as she could.

7/4/2010 - When she was younger it was nearly impossible to keep this little girl inside.  One of the first things she did upon discovering how to crawl was to go outside.  I think she would eat and sleep out there everyday too if I would let her.  Rain, extreme heat, or snow don't hold this little girl back.  She can often be found covered in mosquito bites and poison ivy from the neighbor's yard but it's a price she's willing to pay.

I love my sweet adventure Miya and know that my life would be so boring without her.  She is so sweet her smiles and "please please pretty please" light up my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment