Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Being Five - Something to Smile About

 8/15 - Spencer's birthday this year was the best ever! He's so stinkin' excited I just love it. After the kids went to bed the night before I made sticky buns and his birthday cake so I wouldn't have to bake on his birthday and we could have more time for fun. He just loves sticky buns and was so excited to have them for his birthday breakfast with the special treat of yum yum whole milk (we usually drink fat free). It was a great start to a fun day.

8/15 - Presents time! He saw his friend at church had a camou- flage airplane and told me he thought that was the coolest ever. I made a mental note to check some out when I went birthday shopping later that week and found this awesome camo stealth bomber. He loves it!

8/15 - Spencer has always had a love for all things baseball. It's so fun to watch his excite- ment. He got a new baseball at the game we went to so I decided to get him a glove too and we could all play catch. It's been raining though and we haven't been able to use it yet.

 8/15 - This is "the best toy EVER!!" I love how he has repeated that phrase so many times that I'll never question what his new favorite toy is. This Transformers Ironhide was totally the winner of his birthday. Whenever we go anywhere the kids like to point out various cars that look like transformers and I've noticed Spencer was seeing Ironhide a lot more than any other. When it came time for birthday shopping we decided to get him this cool one. He can't transform it on his own yet but I've become quite the expert.

8/15 - Here we are after the first Transfor- mation of Ironhide from truck to robot. It took me a while and the whole time Spencer was sitting next to me doing the "do do do" noise they make in the show/movies when they transform. At one point he stopped and said, "Mom, I don't know how much longer I can "do do do" are you almost done?" I laughed so hard after that I think it took longer.

 8/15 - He was so cute and fun playing with his new Ironhide. He'd make him walk and make booming sounds with each step and tell the other toys and objects in the way they'd better move over for his big Ironhide, good stuff.

 8/15 - Miya loved the Ironhide too and made it her personal mission to introduce him to all of her and Spencer's toys. Here she said, "Hey Ironhide, it's your best friend Optimus Prime come to see you!" Good times!

8/15 - Look at this big boy! Every year we take his picture with the "birth wrench" he was actually the same length as this when he was born but now he can barely reach to hold it as it touches the floor.

8/15 - Princess Miya getting in on some birthday photo action.

8/15 - The Spiderman candle was a fun addition to his cake this year he was so excited he nearly missed his cue to blow out the candles. Notice too the Ironhide in his left hand. Yeah, he slept with it too, so fun!

8/15 - I honestly think Miya is the best part of this picture. Spencer is so cute and peace- fully blowing out his candles and Miya's over there like the big bad wolf huffing and puffing. Even with all that cheek usage I don't think she actually blew out any.

8/16 - Spencer got some birthday mail but since his birthday was on a Sunday this year we didn't get it until the next day. Here he is with Nana and Papa's present.

8/16 - He got two new trans- formers from Nana and Papa and he just loves them to pieces! He's so excited that he can actually transform them himself. We thought he was attached to the Ironhide toy before but that's nothing compared to his excitement with the Bumblebee. They're best friends

 8/16 - Since the big two have birthdays so close together Grandma and Grandpa sent a combined package in two boxes. They just loved going through them and finding all the treasures inside. Even Amelia got into the action.

8/16 - Here's Spencer with his favorites from the boxes. Cookies and new cars. There were also lots and lots of school supplies which Miya loved.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Spencer got a a lot of great gifts. We are glad that he liked the transformers and can do them himself.

    ReplyDelete