8/19 - This is a drawing from his first day of school. When he came home that day he told me, "In art class I had boring yellow paper." I didn't get to see it then but he brought it home the next day. He said, "that's Amelia, she only has a head because I didn't like the paper. So I drew her head then I was all done. I took a long time drawing her head so I wouldn't get in trouble just sitting. I was thinking about drawing you but not on boring yellow paper." Who knew paper could be so boring especially when it's not plain white?
8/19 - This is another picture from his first day of school. When he came home that day he said, "I drew with my markers and one brown crayon." This is what he created. He told his teacher what he drew and she wrote it down. "My pet dinosaur is trying to help me hop on the dinosaur." He told me, "I drew the dinosaur first. Then I drew me next to him. Then I went and colored the dinosaur lots of colors. It's a pretty good one... (looking at it admiringly) yup, pretty good."
8/20 - This is from day two of Kindergarten. I just love this one so much! Spencer says, "This is me and daddy taking a walk together to the park. I have a football and we're going to have fun together. I love my daddy!"
8/21 - This is Spencer's first piece of home- work. He was supposed to decorate this sun with pictures, drawings, or souvenirs of what we did this summer. I went to my trusty and obsessive fb postings to help him remember. He picked his favorite three but only wanted one picture from the computer because he wanted to draw the rest. The picture is of us camping in the living room. Then to the left is him hanging on the monkey bars at the park. He did those for this first time this summer and almost made it all the way without help. He says, "there is dirt and the park and a big big worm on the dirt by my feet." That is a crazy big worm! The bottom is a drawing of our orange tent. It's so cute! Then our van is off to the side. He said, "we go in the van a lot but I liked it when we went to Nauvoo with my cousins."8/23 - Spencer's school work from today. He said he did such a good job following direc- tions. I also like his little name squeezed in the middle because his teacher wrote his name on the line.
8/23 - Another piece of Spencer's school work. He didn't have anything really to say about this one but it looks pretty good to me. He stayed in the lines and got all the colors right.





No comments:
Post a Comment