
Papa decided to take us all to Shelburne, a little town in Mass. with a lot of fun stuff. On the way he took us down this road that was beautiful but supposed to be closed. It was a fun ride, in his words "Who would have ever thought that when you apply the brakes on a car, it (the car), sometimes actually goes faster instead of slower, leading one to come to know that crunchy snow is good". On that road we did see some fun maple barrels and a bridge with a little river going under it so in the end, since we didn't die, it was worth it.

Here we are at the Goulds Sugar- House. It was interesting to learn how they take the Maple sap and make it into syrup. It takes about 40 barrels to make one barrel of syrup. Here we are with the machine that takes out the bulk of the water. I love Miya's bored expression, the rest of us were interested.

Well, maybe I spoke too soon, look at Aaron's expression, he he. I think he just wasn't ready for the picture because he liked it and it was fun to see. Papa even bought us some syrup and it was the best I've had in recent memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment