Sunday, March 23, 2008

Egg Dyeing and the rest of Easter

We had a little nap after the egg hunt and then watched "The Lamb of God" a video about the atonement, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I thought it was a fitting way to bring the Savior and the spirit into our Easter Sunday. Of course we went to church but a video is more on my kids' level than a sacrament talk.
------------------------------

Aaron and Spencer coloring the egg in preparation for dyeing it. Spencer liked this part after he made sure that he wasn't being bad.
-------------------------------------

My cute little independent child. She insisted on doing it all by herself and wouldn't let me hold the egg. She did very well though and didn't break any.
---------------------------------------

Pointing out the egg as it's sitting in the blue dye.
-------------------------------------

Dyeing my egg pink. It didn't really work all that well. The blue and green were a lot darker.
---------------------------------------

I love this picture. He's so cute watching his egg turn green. Is this like watching paint dry?
----------------------------------

Who knew that green eggs could create so much excitement. I think he can really relate to Sam-I-Am now.
--------------------------------------

The independent Miya strikes once again. Her poor little fingers were blue but she loved it and had a lot of fun.
-------------------------------------

A family easter photo. We sure had fun.
--------------------------------------

Our eggs. Spencer's are the row of green ones on the far left. Miya's is the next row, I wrote her name for her though. Mine are the ones after that and Aaron has the two on the right end.

After dyeing them Aaron ate the missing one of the dozen that cracked. He tried to interest Spencer in a bite but no go at first. After Aaron showed him that it was in fact edible then Spencer had one bite and he didn't go back for another bite.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Spencer dyed all of his eggs green. Matthew is totally obsessed with green right now - everything has to be green. I bet if we had dyed eggs this year Matthew would have had the same green eggs as Spencer. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job..you are so brave having Miya dye her eggs in her easter dress! Your kids look cute in their Easter outfits. Good idea with the muffin tin too! We didn't even dye eggs this year, I am such a deadbeat mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Your kids are so cute in their outfits :)

    ReplyDelete