Friday, May 30, 2008

Our New Addition!!

We got a dog!! We're all so excited and she's just so cute! Her name is Katsu. Ka as in Caucus and tsu as in tsunami. We picked her up from the shelter and she is about 2.5 months old. She is some kind of mutt but there is some terrier in her apparently. She is really quiet and borderline shy which is nice. I only heard her bark a few times and not once since we got home. As you can see from the pictures we are all really excited to have her here. Miya warmed up to her instantly and if Katsu is anyone's dog she's Miya's. She's pretty funny about her name she thought it was "ah-choo" then moved to "kah-choo" but I think she's got it down now.

Spencer took a little longer to warm up to her because he was afraid of getting licked but he loves her now. He can't stop laughing whenever she comes near him and he treats her like a person. He said, "Dog, I need your help" also on the way home he was trying to teach it about trucks and farm animals and it totally cracked me up.

This is just a cute picture of her by herself. I didn't get one Friday when I originally posted but I updated this post to include some more pictures of her.











Here she is in her favorite spot. She sits under out dinner table right where all the legs come together as an added bonus it's in the sun most of the day.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh congrats on your new addition. She is very cute. I hope you still have those table legs by the end of her chewing stage (ha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cast iron so we should be alright, at least I hope so, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the puppy. We have had enough of those to deal with potty training and chewing... all of the other fun things that come with a new pet. But it looks like you and your kids are having a great time with her. I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new puppy. Your kids look so happy to have her. Enjoy the puppy time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for puppies! I'd highly recommend petsmart puppy training.
    My favorite dog growing up was a terrier mutt and he was GREAT. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on your doggy! She looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete