
We've been thinking about going to the zoo for a while now because our kids are really into animals. We went this afternoon and bought passes to that and the Science Museum. We had a lot of fun and the excitement from the kids was priceless. Here they are with the Zebras. These are Spencer's favorite animal. Stripes are his favorite thing in the whole world so it doesn't get any better than a cool animal with stripes.

Miya doesn't seem to have a particular favorite but she did get really jazzed about the Giraffes also known as "raffe". She ran up to them and pointed excitedly over and over again. She was also excited about the picture of the giraffes on the sign. Miya tries to talk to the animals too, she says hi over and over again louder each time and eventually gets really grumpy when they don't answer back.

Here we are with the Tiger. It was so cool! It kept circling the cage so we saw it a lot and Spencer loved how close it got to him and he just kept smiling. Miya liked it from a distance and would say no really loud when it circled around to come look. There was another one outside that she liked to look at better because it was further away.

Here we are with the flamingos. Miya loved these "mingos" and we stayed here longer than I expected. She liked that they were playing in the water and that they were pink.

I thought the Jelly Fish were awesome. I especially liked the cool tank and the lighting. The kids didn't seem to care but they loved the other fish in the place which is what they are looking at here. Spencer did like the connection with Jelly though, his favorite lunchtime item.
While he is in none of these pictures Aaron was there. We traded off with the camera and he says he's not in these samples because he took all the good ones, which is funny and mostly true, I took the first one.
This was Miya's first trip to the zoo and I'm glad it was a hit. I can't wait to go back and to use our membership to the science center too. To commemorate our trip the kids got little model animals. Spencer got a zebra and Miya got a Giraffe, they love them both and even took them to bed, too cute!
I am glad that the zoo was a hit. I know that you will have lots of fun in the future.
ReplyDeleteI need to get there. Looks like fun!
ReplyDelete