So I am always amazed at how we seem to go through milk and other dairy products so I decided to keep track of our consumption over the past month. We've had 22 GALLONS of milk and over 14 pounds of cheese. At $3 a gallon for milk that's $66 in milk and about $50 in cheese, that's a lot of money just on dairy and that's not even counting our yogurt, cream cheese, ice cream, and sour cream consumption. Thus I have decided that it might be cheaper to just buy a cow and keep it in the garage. The only problem is that we drink fat free milk and cows just don't produce that on their own.
Monday, May 5, 2008
We Need A Cow!
So I am always amazed at how we seem to go through milk and other dairy products so I decided to keep track of our consumption over the past month. We've had 22 GALLONS of milk and over 14 pounds of cheese. At $3 a gallon for milk that's $66 in milk and about $50 in cheese, that's a lot of money just on dairy and that's not even counting our yogurt, cream cheese, ice cream, and sour cream consumption. Thus I have decided that it might be cheaper to just buy a cow and keep it in the garage. The only problem is that we drink fat free milk and cows just don't produce that on their own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's a lot of dairy. Don't I remember you being lactose intolerant though? :)
ReplyDeleteYes I am, I can consume some but a lot causes problems. So if I have a lot of milk I can't have ice cream so I just have to pay attention. My children don't seem to have that problem and Aaron has the toughest stomach of anyone I've ever met.
ReplyDeleteThat is so crazy how much milk and cheese you use. I'm sure our's is the same...guess I should figure it out. My in-laws are buying chickens so they won't have to buy eggs. Maybe you should get a cow. :)
ReplyDeleteI think you might need two cows at your rate. Ha.
ReplyDelete