-----------
I was interesting in the book right from the start. A friend recommended it to me and wanted me to read it and let her know if it was worth finishing. This intrigued me because not only do I love recommendations but it was flattering that she wanted to know what I thought. For me it started well enough but it was slow. Around 250 pages into it I started reading it because I wanted to and I was thinking about it when I wasn’t reading and thus showing interest. By page 400 I decided I had to finish because it was so good and I was thoroughly engaged in the story. It was also at this point that many of the horrible and disturbing scenes with William Hamleigh stopped. I have to admit that was the only failing the book presented to me. William rapes quite a few women and I feel that there is needless detail and while it does secure the readers hate for William it also removes some of their virtue. I feel that the book would have been better if these scenes were smaller because I do see the need for them but not the length.
Overall it was a great book not something to be taken on lightly as it will demand time but it is well worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment