
We carved our pumpkins tonight and as you can see by the smile on Spencer's face we had a great time. We got the pumpkins last Saturday when we went to the Orchard. We picked all of them right out of the field it was pretty awesome.

For Spencer's Pumpkin he would tell me what he wanted and I would draw then carve it. He wanted a square top, square eyes, triangle nose, and a mouth with teeth.
Here he is helping me carve out the top. I didn't let him actually wield the knife but he had fun playing with it when it was stuck in the pumpkin.

Aaron helped Miya with her pumpkin. It wasn't as much as a collaboration but Miya did like to help. I love this picture with Aaron carving with a knife and Miya trying to help with her pencil.

Miya hated the leaves today but she didn't mind the pumpkin goo. She can't seem to decide in the picture whether or not it is a good thing. Meanwhile Spencer is in his chair telling her that it's yum yum food and she should eat it. I don't think she believed him.

I carved out Spencer's pumpkin and showed him the parts once they came out. I told him this was the nose so he was comparing with his actual nose. It was pretty cute and I'm glad I got a picture of it to share.

Spencer admiring my handy work. He pointed out all of the pumpkins features and what shapes they are. I think it was a hit with him. Maybe next year Miya will be into more than the goo.

Miya with her cute pumpkin. Daddy did a great job. Especially since Miya was right there helping the whole time. I like how she is poking out the eye. She is a cute and curious child.

Our pumpkins from left to right: Miya's, Spencer's, Daddy's, and Mommy's. I know I have the only big one but that's because they all wanted small ones. They make mine look like a monster.
Okay Spencer with a knife..kinda freaky. =) What great pumpkins. I love the kitchen too.
ReplyDeleteThose are great pumpkins. It is so fun to watch their reactions to the gew inside.
ReplyDelete