
Here is Spencer once again in his cookie costume. He loves it! Several times he wore it around the house saying cookie. We were practicing what to say when we went trick-or-treating this year. He was so cute saying "candy please" and "thank you". He found my weakness. I can't say no when he's being so polite. I have a big bowl of Swedish Fish in my craft room and every morning Spencer says "fish please" and I have to give him one. I think maybe he dreams about them since it's the first thing he asks for every single morning.

Miya looked so cute in her flower costume! We got it at a used clothing store up in Ames and everyone loved it, except Miya. Well, in the end she loved it but in the beginning she kept freaking out that there was something on her head. I put it on about an hour before we left so she could get used to it and not be crying when we were trying to trunk-or-treat. She liked it because it kept her warm and everyone kept telling her how cute she was and she was just eating it up and flirting like crazy.

Here we are at the trunk-or-treat. For those of you who've never done this we all gather at the church and pass candy out of our cars instead of homes. It's a fun way to celebrate and since you know all the people from Church you know the candy is safe and so are the kids, or you can chase them down later ;).
I put their pumpkins back there and a table cloth and it looked quite festive. Some people so all out with fake spider webs and all that. I figure cute an simple is the way to go so I don't have to clean it up later.

I thought it was so cute that their jammies matched their costumes I just had to share it. Miya with her little flowers and Spencer with the Cookie monster. I do crazy things like that on purpose all the time. They use the airplane blanket when we fly and the car blanket on road trips. Here I didn't really plan it. These are their favorite jammies and they were clean so they wore them. I guess that means I picked perfect costumes for them this year.
Anyway, there won't be any more pictures this year because in our strange and unique state we have what is called "Beggar's Night". Some pre-assigned day, not Halloween, is set aside for two hours and people are allowed to go trick-or-treating. When you get to someone's door you are supposed to tell a joke in exchange for candy. No one really knows why they do this or when it started. It was last night here in Cambridge as most other places, but we couldn't find out when it was anywhere. Not from the newspaper or the internet. So we only knew when other kids were out and begging. By that time we were making dinner and decided just to skip it. Maybe next year we'll get in the game enough to conform to another oddity of Iowa.
I didn't know that Spencer was SO into Cookie Monster. It is really kind of cute. Your kids are just so darn cute.
ReplyDeleteCute costumes. I like how Spencers plaid shirt coordinates in cookie monster blue.
ReplyDelete