Sunday, October 21, 2007

Center Grove Orchard

Yesterday we went to Center Grove Orchard to pick up some pumpkins and check out all the other fun stuff that they had there. They had animals, two mazes, a hay ride, a corn pool, and lots of pumpkins in a patch to pick yourself. It was really fun and we got a lot of pictures and you can see from the length of this post.

Spencer and Miya were not too wild about the goats. Miya wouldn't stand still long enough to get her picture taken with them. She ran to the safety of Dad but I tried to get Spencer interested but it didn't work.

They loved all the birds though. Chickens, turkeys, and geese, they just stood there and pointed. Miya didn't like when the rooster crowed though.

Here we are at the three little pigs houses. I thought it was pretty cute but oddly enough the house of straw looks the most stable. The house of brick isn't really brick at all. You can see Spencer eying the construction.

They had this really cool corn pool. Really deep filled with corn. The kids loved it. Miya's expression is just priceless after Aaron buried her with it. I think it was the highlight for Miya by far.

We went for a hay ride around the farm. It was a lot longer than I expected and they dropped you off at various points along the farm. The kids liked the scenery and how they moved without walking. I liked that part too.

We got off to go though the corn maze and Spencer tripped and fell in a beastly mud puddle and came out looking like this. For the rest of the day people kept commenting on his mishap. He was quite sad about it at first but before we could get to the car he was alright and didn't want to go home and change so we stayed.

Here is a picture with the offending mud puddle. Apparently the story got around because someone saw us at the end of the day and said, "That must be the little boy that fell in the puddle." Spencer's famous.

What picture lover could resist this perfect photo op with my kids. They were so cute even though Spencer wanted to get up and play with the pumpkins he sat and got his picture taken.

I asked the kids to help me pick a pumpkin and this is the first one they loved so we had to have it. I love how Miya is trying to peel Spencer's hand off the pumpkin. She was petting it and he come over, apparently she wasn't into sharing.

Miya loved the corn maze but it was hard to keep her moving because she was so enthralled with the corn growing on a plant. Aaron eventually put her on his shoulders and she admired them for that great height.

Spencer is a corn maze professional. I'd never been in a corn maze before and loved it. It was just what I imagined it would be but a lot more fun with little Spencer leading the way. Every time we came to an intersection I'd ask him which way and he'd say "That way" and point and we'd go that way. He got us through it nicely and only four dead ends.

They also had a hay maze inside a big hay castle. It was pretty cool. Spencer took the lead with this one too but every time he ended up facing a wall he'd say uh oh. Even if it wasn't a dead end and he just had a ninety degree turn, uh oh. There was one point in the maze and we had to keep turning and the string of uh ohs was really funny, even other people in the maze commented. I love Miya in this picture too. She's so tired and wants to go home, she's sucking on her thumb and playing with her great new hairdo, so cute!

5 comments:

  1. I've tagged you. Check out my blog to see what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day, mud puddle and all. I cannot wait to see the carved picture of the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a great day. I am glad you found somewhere to go. It is just like Spencer to want to lead the way after all he is the big brother.
    I am glad that you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't beleive how much your kids look like you. Spencer has a little of Aaron in him but Miya is all you! It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pictures. The corn is a great picture of Miya. I have never seen corn like that - it looks like fun. It looks like you had a great time minus the mud.

    ReplyDelete