Saturday, November 6, 2010

Primary Program

10/24 - I seriously love the primary program.  It has always been my favorite Sunday even when I didn't have kids and when I was a kid myself.  I still remember a few of the ones I was in and especially have a fondness for my last program.  Now that I have kids in it that Sunday is even more special.

Spencer and Miya were both in the Primary program this year.  I dressed them up all cute and took their picture before we went to church.  Amelia joined in the group shot and they all looked so adorable and respectable.

Aaron worked a night shift so he had to meet us at the church and I brought his suit from home.  Packing all the kids with their stuff and Aaron's change of clothes took a bit longer than I expected it to and we weren't as early as I wanted to be.  We were early but not early enough to get a exceptional view. 

Anyway, when we got there Spencer got to go sit right on the stand.  He is such a good boy I didn't even worry about him at all.  He sat so well up there and was so quiet.  He gave me quite a few thumbs up, our new favorite thing. 

Miya was able to go up after the sacrament right before the program started.  Several times I was moved by the spirit.  These children are amazing!  Whenever I feel the influence of the spirit of God in my life I cry, every single time.  This day was no exception.  As these children sang their testimonies of God, Jesus Christ, and families tears welled up in my eyes and I thanked my Father in Heaven for the wonderful gift he has given me to be a mother to four of his most precious children.  They teach me so much and inspire me with their simple faith and trust in God.  Spencer had a part to say in the program that went like this, "I know Jesus love me because he loves everyone on this planet!"  Then he stood off to the side and with a big smile gave me thumbs up.  Miya got to hold a picture of the latter-day prophet Harold B. Lee while she sang of how prophets are a living link with heaven.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church.  I know that our prophet Thomas Spencer Monson is a man chosen of God and through revelation is able to lead our church.  I know that this church was restored to the earth by Joseph Smith and that he translated the Book of Mormon through the gift and power of God.  That book testifies of the life of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know Jesus lives.  I know he loves me.  I know that through his atonement and resurrection I can be made clean and live with him again.  I also have a strong testimony in the power of the priesthood.  That through this power and with the blessings of temples my family can be together forever, which will always be one of the most important blessings in my life.  I know that if I am faithful and endure to the end I will be with my family.  I will see my Daddy again, who I miss so dearly every day of my life.  I know that God is aware of me personally and blesses me so abundantly I could never begin to repay him but that won't stop me from trying by keeping his commandments and striving to live faithfully.  If you are a member of this church I know you already know the blessings it provides.  If you are reading this and are not a member I would encourage you to find out more about it.  Pray and get guidance and direction from Heavenly Father.  He knows you and loves you just as he loves me and, as Spencer put it so well, "everyone on this planet."  You will be amazed at how he can touch your life for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment