Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

11/13 - I had such a fun birthday this year! Aaron had to work a daylight so he was gone for the bulk of the day but he left cute little notes for me all over the house that I found when I woke up. So sweet!

Later the girls and I got our toe nails all done. Miya was so excited to have the ducks in between her toes. My wonderful Spencer took this picture for us and did a great job!

Our cute toes! Amelia picked really light pink. Miya chose a pinkish orange. I got a new color a few days before that I was dying to try and love my purple-ish brown.


Aaron fixed me Stir-fry when he got home from work (my favorite food!) and then told me to go hide in the bathroom while he and the kids got my party ready. I heard a lot of interesting things while I was waiting but the best one was when Aaron was hanging up the crepe paper. Spencer saw it and said, "Is that toilet paper? Why are you taping toilet paper to the light?" I was so surprised, it looked so fancy when I came out and I love Miya's little "ta-da" pose.

I was thankful for the two and the eight candle. Honestly I struggled last year blowing out all those candles. Now I can handle two.

Alex was trying to snatch the cake while I was blowing out my candles which made it much more difficult.

Amelia and I both loved my new bracelets but it was hard to convince her they weren't hers.

Cute me with my fabulous presents. I loved this orange coat from Target and my fun set of bracelets. I can't wait to wear them!

Over the last week or two Alex has decided that his previous hatred of sucking his thumb was lame and now he's all about it. I've been trying to snag a picture but he's a little hard to catch in the act because he tends to take his thumb out right as I'm about to take the picture.

We rounded out my fun day with a game of Sorry. Aaron and Amelia were on a team together. We modified the rules to make it easier for the kids. I won the first round and the third but totally lost the second.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I turned 28 this month, too, and my dear sister did me the favor of using the 2 & 8 candles as well, instead of watching me struggle not to pass out while actually blowing out two and a half boxes of candles! I can't believe how old we are. Was high school really ten years ago???

    ReplyDelete