Saturday, November 6, 2010

Alex is Six Months

10/29 - My tiny boy is now 0.5 years old and I can't believe it!  He is such a blessing in my life and one of the sweetest little boys.  He still hasn't developed a fear of strangers and just loves and coos and smiles at everyone.  Alex is starting to sit better but still isn't ready for sitting long term on his own even though he pulled it off well here. 

He is 17 pounds 13.5 ounces and I'm unsure of his height.  I get that with his six month check-up coming soon.

We decided to celebrate his half birthday by taking a few pictures and introducing him to the wonderful world of baby food.  He had peas with rice cereal mixed in.  I put it on his tray to take a picture and he snatched it up getting peas all over his tiny fingers.  I chuckled at his enthusiasm. 

He white knuckled the tray as I put the first spoonful into his mouth.  He wasn't sure what to think of the spoon but when the food touched his tongue he let out a reflexive "MMM!" 

After that he was leaning so far forward in an attempt to stick his tongue in the bowl that it was difficult to feed him.  He happily devoured half the container and only stopped because I had to move on to feeding the rest of us. 

I've become quite the baby feeding expert and the post first meal picture was not quite as messy as previous children but he was just happy as could be with a little pea smeared on his face.

 Later he and Miya got some lovey time on the floor.  She was so happy he was holding her hand and he loved the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment