Friday, March 27, 2009

Remodel Extravaganza

We (and by that I mean mostly Aaron and help) have been remodeling the house like crazy lately. Aaron and Spencer made me this shoe rack when I was out at enrichment. It was so fun to come home to. I was just saying that very morning that I couldn't handle my shoes in the laundry basket anymore because I could never find the mates. This holds all but three pair of my shoes. I love it!

Right before and right after the baby was born we did a lot of fixing up the house. Aaron and his Dad replaced all of the water pipes throughout the house. Here's an example of their hard work. The water is much cleaner now and comes out warm quite quickly.





This is a before picture for the next project. It was once my craft room but it didn't have any insulation so it was really cold. I also felt so alone and closed off from the rest of the family.

Brian and Jim were really great to help us remove the ceiling and one of the walls to put in some insulation. Aaron was there helping too you can just barely see bits of him off to the right.

Here is the finished product. Aaron added a lighted fan too which is nice. It is now the kids' toy room. At times I miss my craft room but my house is so much cleaner with most of the mess contained in here. We also managed to fit their slide in here too.






Here's a picture of the texture on the walls. Aaron's Dad did this all with his hand. I love the way it looks.

3 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful. I especially love the shoe rack and playroom. How nice to have a place to keep all the toys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those shoe shelves! I need something like that in my closet! Send Aaron over here please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things look like they are progressing. It is fun to see the projects complete. You have a lot of shoes. Now we know who you get that from. Mom???

    ReplyDelete