Friday, November 28, 2008

A Great Surprise!

So Tuesday morning I got a call from my brother Brian and he said if he could get off work they would be driving up later that day and staying over for Thanksgiving. I was so excited I could hardly contain it! My siblings rarely come to my house, out of four I've only had two come ever and never over a holiday so it was so fun. They got here around 8:30 Tuesday night and left around five last night. Spencer had a lot of fun playing with everyone. He loved baby Logan but didn't understand that he was too small to play catch. Logan was playing with the ball and Spencer kept saying, "throw to me" with his cute little hands out. Logan just kept doing his own thing.

Michelle made some really yummy butter- scotch fudge, however you have to eat each tiny square with a glass of milk. Spencer was so excited to get some and Michelle said in trade he had to give her a kiss. She got a nice butterscotch kiss (you can see it poking out of his mouth as he leans in).

Austin had a really cool game- boy to play with on the car ride and while he was here. My kids have never seen something like that and they were both just captivated. Poor Austin kept having to explain to Spencer what it was and what he was doing.

This is Brian and Michelle's dog Daisy. She's so so cute! They got her a few days before they came and she is amazingly good tempered and quiet. She loved to curl up and snuggle on me or Brian. A few things got chewed on while she was here but no permanent damage and the overall fun and excitement the kids had make the little teethmarks totally worth it. Although I am still sure that we made the right choice not having one (we had a dog for nine days back in June and had to give her back because of Allergies).

More Spencer stalking Austin and the gameboy. After a while Austin just ignored him and did his thing while Spencer either shared the couch or the chair with him. The boys played really really well together. We only had the occasional problem mostly due to the fact that Spencer doesn't understand pretend and didn't want the slide to be Austin's house and didn't want Austin to be his daddy. Sadly there were tears over this and Spencer still doesn't get the concept of pretend.

We had a great Thanksgiving too! We had a fried turkey and ate it at my friends the Wagner's house. Michelle and Faith took all of the pictures so when I get some of them I'll post them on the blog. Austin loved Faith's little girl, he went over to Michelle and said, Mom, she's pretty. My poor Spencer now has competition! Spencer loves her too and actually blushes whenever she gives him a kiss or a hug, it's too cute!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Brian was able to come up to see you guys. It sounded like you had a great time while they were there. I can hardly wait to see all of you. But not to soon:)

    ReplyDelete