My little Miya is quite the climber. She will climb on anything no matter how precarious the perch. Here she is standing on the ball in order to climb up the side of the slide. Crazy girl!
When she gets to the top of the slide it isn't enough to just go through the door or the window at the top she has to climb over the entire thing.
Spencer, never one to be outdone, decided that he needed to climb up the ball and over the side too. He wasn't so brave about it though and kept saying, whoa the whole time.
This was once Miya's room. The kids now share because there is no insulation in behind the walls and it got really hot or cold depending on the weather. So to fix this problem we have the joy of tearing out the walls, adding new insulation, and putting the walls back up. Spencer was really excited to help with the demolition today.
The dust kept getting in his eyes as he looked up so to fix this we found his little goggles and that helped a lot. As an added bonus he's the cutest little construction worker I've ever seen.
Miya heard all the commotion and wanted to lend a hand. She was too short to do it on her own and wanted nothing to do with the pry bar so Aaron lifted her up and she broke of some of the drywall with her hand. Then she said, "uh oh broke it." She looked at me to make sure she wasn't in trouble. After that we had an extensive talk with the kids about how it's only okay to break walls when Mom and Dad help and tell you it's okay. I really really hope they got the message.
Man, I would have LOVED tearing down walls as a little kid. I still remember tearing up carpet and drawing on the floor beneath since no one would ever see.
ReplyDeleteGreat demo job kids!I would have loved to be there and helped.Aaron, when we come in Feb. lets do a project!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I want to tear out a wall someday (but not have to pay to fix it - haha).
ReplyDeleteI love the climbing. D is totally a climber too. M wasn't. The situation with the climbing would have been the same at our house. D being the daredevil coming up with the new way up and M wanting to join in and doing it, but being scared the whole time. Too funny. I hope we can get our kids together someday. That would be too much fun!
Hooray for Destruction!!!! I want to come play too! By the way, I loved the pics of the kids in the last post. So cute!!! -Faith
ReplyDelete