
While we were in North Carolina Spencer developed an undying devotion to Lightning McQueen. He now has the shoes, the matchbox car, and this fabulous new bed. We told Spencer that we bought him a Lightning bed and he was so excited that he jumped up and down. Here he is when the truck pulled up. He was pointing out the window, "truck truck truck." I didn't look to see if it was a Mack but that would have been quite fitting.

Spencer saw the picture on the side of the box and could no longer contain his excitement. When Aaron got it open he just climbed up and started rubbing the bed. It was so funny. It was really hard to get up off of it so we could take it upstairs. We had to do it in little pieces because the whole thing is 102 pounds, Lightning is a little fatty!

Spencer is quite the little helper when it comes to putting things together. I love his concentration as he is trying to screw on this wheel. He's not pit crew material but he'll get there. I'm sure he's watched Cars enough to know what's going on. Anyway, we got him this bed because believe it or not it was about the same price as every other kind of twin bed that Aaron and I liked so why not get him something really cool? Spencer started sleeping in a big boy bed at Nana's house and took right to it. I am so relieved I was really worried that it was going to be a fight. But the Bed is so cool that all we have to say is go get in your Lightning bed and off he goes. He says in bed until I go and get him. What a good boy!

This is Spencer on his bed all put together. We ended up getting him Lightning McQueen sheets too because they were about the same price as any other kind of sheet and they were so cool. They also have Mater on them "may-nor" as Spencer would say and Lightning is "Lie-ting". It's just too cute. He goes to bed holding a Matchbox sized character from the movie and just loves his little life!
That bed looks so cool. Hadley loved it. She said "Look Lightening McQeen!" I want that one, :)
ReplyDelete