Friday, September 14, 2007

I like to move it move it!

Miya is all over the place now that she knows how to get around better. Before she would always shimmy across the furniture but never get out in the open but now that she knows how to walk there are all kinds of new options open to her. One of the best ones in my opinion is that she can wears dresses more often. Before she would get stuck on them when she'd crawl and get really upset but now she can walk, yea! Anyway, one of her favorite things is to play Nana's piano. She'll go over and play on the top notes and shimmy to the other side and play the bottom notes and back to the top. It's pretty cute. She also watches how I play more than one note at a time and tries it too but her fingers aren't big enough to hit more than like two at a time all stretched out.

This is Miya on her Birthday (August 25th). I was just messing around taking some fun pictures and I finally captured a good one of how she sucks her thumb. She's done this since she was able to find her thumb. She puts it in as far as humanly possible and then fans her fingers out. The funny thing is that she can't see with all those fingers there but she doesn't make them into a fist she'll just rotate her hand to look and then put it back.

Miya started walking on September 6th and she's been doing it off and on ever since. She is pretty good at it but she just can't decide if it is what she wants to do yet. Two days ago she took a self-guided walking tour of Nana's house she probably walked 15 feet all by herself and though a couple of rooms and around a corner. But today she gets down to crawl between the furniture barely over a foot away. This is a picture of her taking her first steps. I know I posted the video earlier but the picture is cute too you can see how she's digging her toes into the carpet for balance.

This is Miya watching Baby Einstein. You would not believe the excitement when I turn it on. She claps her hands and stomps her feet and smiles oh so big. Then when the music comes on she'll dance along with it. It's the simple things that really knock her socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment