Friday, September 14, 2007

Adventures in Spencerland

I've been taking a lot of fun pictures of my kids lately but I didn't want to blog every time they did some thing cute so I waited until Spencer did a bunch of cute things and you get to hear about them all at once. I love this picture of him reading. He picked up the book and was blah blah blahing as he turned the page. He would say the things and the letters he knew, which is actually quite a few, but the rest was all nonsense to me. It was cute anyway and he had a lot of fun.

In this picture Miya's dolly was sitting there staring at him while he was drinking his milk. Spencer stopped looked at her and said "Dolly milk?" Apparently he took her silence as a yes because he shared with her. Too Cute!

Both my children love to go through Nana's kitchen cabinets for hours and she doesn't mind as long as they stay away from her breakable stuff. Well, Spencer found this yellow strainer and thought it would be a great hat. He put it on and was playing with his toys and walking around and it was so funny. His biggest problem came when he tried to look down and the hat/strainer fell off. This picture cracks me up the way he is looking at the handle.

This is Spencer looking cute in his new Lightning McQueen shoes. Notice also the matchbox Lightning McQueen in is little hand. When we got here Spencer's favorite movie was Chicken Run, he couldn't get enough of it. I allow them one show per day and he would always always pick that one. He'd watched it to the point he had it memorized, I'm not kidding. He would say the lines in the movie before the characters would have a chance to say them, crazy! So, with Nana's amazing collection of movies we picked out some new ones to try and he fell in love with Cars.

As obsessed as he was with Chickens it is nothing compared to his new found love for Lightning McQueen. We got him a little matchbox Lightning and he sleeps with it. He won't go to bed unless he has Lightning, he would go around the house calling for him until we find him. After he gets into bed I have to kiss him and Lightning and say I love you to both. Yesterday he was all freaked out because he was pointing out features that he and lightning had in common and he realized that Lightning doesn't have a nose. It was pretty funny. Spencer kept asking me to point out Lightning's nose and was really confused when I told him that he didn't have one.

1 comment:

  1. That is the funniest picture of Spencer with the strainer on his head. You have such cute kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete