Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Around the House

2/9 - Alex picked up another new skill. It seems like he's just developing like crazy lately. He already knew how to pull himself up to a stand but now he can scoot across things he's using to hold himself up. This skill came in handy when the girls left out their Dr. Seuss matching game. Mr. Chew was so excited to chew on them.

2/9 - Amelia continues to be supermom and so cute with her babies. Here's she's tucking one in night night and came over and very sweetly said, "Mommy all done show, baby's sleeping." We can't wake her sweet little ones.

2/9 - I've been having so much fun with my family lately. I find myself getting down with them on the floor more and more like I used to. I grabbed a sheet from the cupboard and with some creative rigging made a big tent for us all to play in. Aaron even joined in on the fun. I can't count how many times I heard, "this is a really awesome tent!"

2/9 - The big three playing in the "really awesome tent!"

2/10 - Spencer's school had this cute idea to have a beach day. Aaron stopped by the dollar store and grabbed a big pack of sunglasses so Spencer could look the part. All the other kids joined in too and they looked so cute beating the winter blues.

2/11 - This is a momentous day! Alex is finally out of our room and in with Spencer. We wanted to move him a long time ago but a leaky roof prevented it and then the cash flow to fix it was lacking. We think it's fixed now and with a little rearranging no one is sleeping under that part now anyway. Spencer is so excited to have his brother finally in his room and Alex was smiling as he was looking around checking out his new place.

2/11 - The ever amazing Becky Shook (a friend from church) taught me how to make a basket today. I had so much fun! I think it turned out great for a first attempt and was a lot easier than I imagined it would be. I assume there are more difficult patterns but the overall concept was easy for me to grasp. I love the finished product but now I have to figure out what to put in it. As my Dad would say, "It's a good and valuable thing, you could put stuff in it!"

2/13 - Alex crawled over to me and was trying to climb onto my lap. I thought he wanted some lovin' so I picked him up and I was fooled. Mr. Chew totally went after my dum dum! He was attacking me and pulling with all his little boy might and it just cracked me up.

2/13 - He's so happy he finally obtained the dum dum for himself. It was harder for me to get it back from him than it was for him to get it from me. I let the cute little guy have a few licks before I took it away.

1 comment:

  1. It sure looks like there are a lot of fun times happening at your house!

    ReplyDelete