Sunday, February 6, 2011

Amelia's Second Birthday!

2/5 - I let Amelia pick out what we were going to have for breakfast on her birthday while we were in the store. I asked her if she wanted muffins and she didn't know what those were. So I told her they were like cupcakes for breakfast. "OH YEAH!" was her reply. Here she is ready to help me bake. It was funny when she found out I was going to take her picture she got all worried and said, "No mommy, need it rubber bands," as she touched her hair. She has to look beautiful before we could start. I gave her pigtails complete with curly bows then she let us get baking.

2/5 - Amelia loves to hold the eggs when we're baking. She is really careful with them and has yet to break one while helping me.

2/5 - She also likes to pour stuff into the mixer. She actually did most of the work for her muffins even turning the mixer on and off.

2/5 - She was wiggling and giggling when I brought out the spatula. I thought that was kind of odd until I finished with it and she said, "I want licking!" I guess I should have seen that one coming.

2/5 - She also really wanted yogurt for breakfast. Yogurt doesn't really fill up my kids so it was great to pass the time while the muffins baked.

2/5 - We put candles in her muffins to have her blow out. She was surprisingly a little disenchanted with them until we told her she could blow them out.

2/5 - I love her cheeks as she is blowing out the candles.

2/5 - After breakfast we made the cake together. She accosted me and said, "I want more licking please please pretty please!" This birthday girl totally knows how to work the system.

2/5 - Presents time! I love how she's peeking in the bag and how cute she is in feetie jammies.

2/5 - We got her an Elmo book that makes sounds and talks about going on the potty. She's been showing a lot of interest lately but we're not sure if she is all the way ready. She loves pushing the flushing button.

2/5 - She loves to pretend that the bench of her art table is a potty. The seat lifts up for storage and she'll lift it up then sit on it and say, "I go potty now!" I love that she had to go read her new Elmo potty book on her toy potty.

2/5 - All of her presents were wrapped in bags this year and she just loved throwing the tissue paper off the couch. She did it with all her presents and some time she was unhappy with her distance and would grab the tissue paper and try again.

2/5 - Her fun present from Nana and Papa. She was so excited for new things for her baby. She also liked the animal and after a few moments of thoughtful consideration she decided it was a Giraffe and now won't listen to anyone who tells her otherwise.

2/5 - She couldn't decide if the sippy was for her or her baby so she gave it a try. When nothing came out she said, "Oh haha, it's for baby!"

2/5 - Of course we had to get her big baby and try out her new sippy cup. Later baby had some bottle while wearing the bib too and she still has the bib on so, "baby all keen!"

2/5 - Amelia loves the camera. She loves getting her picture taken and taking pictures too. I keep getting nervous with her around mine. We were doing a recon trip at Target for her birthday when she walked by this camera and let out such a big OOOH it was hard not to laugh. I let her play a bit in the store and it was love a first click. Here she's taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.

2/5 - We tried to give her the last present but she said, "No, my all done. I don't need that one!" It was surprisingly difficult to convince her otherwise but I knew she would like it. I think she was still all about her Elmo potty book that she hardly let go of all morning.

2/5 - The last present was a super cute Elmo shirt and she loved it so much she tried to put in on right there over her pajamas. She loves Elmo and calls him "Elmo's World" Like world is his last name.

2/5 - It was very difficult to get a picture with Amelia in her Elmo shirt. She kept pulling funny faces and making me laugh. I included a few.

2/5 - Funny face #2.

2/5 - Being cute but not looking. Complete with blueberry muffin.

2/5 - Funny face #3.
2/5 - On my kids' birthday they get alone time with one parent and we get their picture taken too. After we had a fun photo session at Target we went to Culver's to have some ice cream. Amelia picked a M&M mixer and loved chowing it down. She said she didn't want a booster and I just loved her peeking over the table and stretching to get her spoon in her cup.


2/5 I'm not certain what this face is all about with the cake, it's pretty cute though.

2/5 - The Amelia I know and love - perpetually underwhelmed with the world at large. I often see this look on her face. I totally love my #2 on her cake in sprinkles with the #2 candle.

2/5 - Being cute while trying to blow out the candle.

2/5 - After several failed attempts at blowing out the candle she enlisted Aaron's help to get the job done.

2/5 - Amelia loves to "play" Candy Land. She has actually played properly a few times but she gets too attached to her piece lately. She still draws cards and gets all excited but won't put her little guy on the board. This makes it easier for her to declare herself the winner at any moment.

2/5 - She loves the cupcake and the ice cream cards from Candy Land and when those go by she holds onto them for the rest of the game.

2/5 - We still had some time to kill after that before bedtime so we let her watch Blue's Clues with her siblings. It's her favorite show and she loves singing all the songs and gets really into it.

2/5 - She ended up getting to watch two episodes because she's the birthday girl and knows how to work the system so well. By the end of the second one she was in her jammies and told Miya, "I want nuggle you." Miya was so sweet and happy to oblige.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When four kids get to be too much, you can send Amelia my way and she can be the boys' long lost triplet. She looks just like them and seems like so much fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete