We had a great fourth. We considered going to a party at a friends house but at the last minute decided we wanted a quiet day with just us. I also got a lot of pictures taken today and couldn't resist sharing those with the world. You all know how I love to tell stories about my kids.
-----
-----
Here's Amelia checking out the road flare. We always use these to light our sparklers. I love the red glow on the baby and how she's so relaxed checking it out.

-----
For some reason Spencer and Miya freaked out this year over the road flare and the sparklers which is odd because last year they loved them and held two at once. I linked in proof. So here's Spencer peeking around Amelia to get a look at the sparkler.

-----
I don't think Amelia could be more underwhelmed. I love her look it's like she's thinking, "so... why should I care about this? I can't eat it."

-----
Miya, my adventurous little Miya, hated them this year. I think it's probably because she just woke up from her nap and doing anything is traumatic right after nap. Does this picture remind anyone of anything? Check out this link for a hint.

-----
Our road flare burnt out before we were done with our sparklers so I got to light another, my first ever. It was fun but I was standing down wind at first and it was a little smoky. I love how jazzed I am about the fire.

-----
Spencer got more brave as time wore on and he even helped me light one. Here he is all proud of his sparkler.

-----
He was still a little nervous to hold it alone though. You can see how tense he is.

-----
One again with the baby not impressed and Spencer getting still a little more brave.

-----
After a while Miya was cool with touching them too under one condition, that they weren't lit. She was very helpful handing Dad new ones to light for other people. She would hand it to him and run away. This is one of three that I tried to take the other two didn't work because she was going so fast that she was just a blur.

-----
We started a new tradition this year that I think everyone could appreciate. We made s'mores. Miya, who was afraid of the road flare and sparklers, loved helping Dad with the fire. She would stand at a good distance and toss in sticks.

-----
Here they are starting to roast marshmallows.

-----
Spencer didn't want to get too close but he had a lot of instructions for Dad on how to do it. Spencer got pretty grumpy at him when he held it too close to the "orange part" and it caught on fire.

-----
Dad and Miya working on a s'more.

-----
Amelia got a little bit of graham cracker because she was still too young to have a real one, even though I'm sure if she had a say she would attest otherwise.

-----
Having fun roasting. I didn't hold it too close to the orange part. Spencer kept telling me good job, it was cute.

-----
Yum, yum s'mores. We will have to do this again.

-----
Speaking of yum yum, Amelia had her first veggie today. She had rice cereal before but today she turned five months and we added peas. Here she is all ready to conquer the peas.

-----
She decided that maybe it wasn't such a good idea after her first bite. She still ate it though and had several bites and made a good dent. It was funny she kept making yuck face and then kept opening her mouth for more. Her hand is on mine preventing it from going away which made me laugh. I think she did really well for her first experience.

-----
Miya wanted to be "Super Hero Miya" today. It was cute she got her own towel and was racing around the house holding it in place. I got her a safety pin and fixed it on there. When Spencer came in and saw her he had to be a super hero too and then they chased each other around the house. It was pretty cute to see them whiz past with capes flying.

-----
Amelia is five months old today so we took a picture to help us compare with how she's grown. She sits a lot better now and she loves to munch on everything, you can see her trying to get me here, I just love it. You can also see her little hair is starting to grow out. She looks so cute in this dress that it was another good excuse to take a picture, thanks again Lori, I love it!


-----
For some reason Spencer and Miya freaked out this year over the road flare and the sparklers which is odd because last year they loved them and held two at once. I linked in proof. So here's Spencer peeking around Amelia to get a look at the sparkler.

-----
I don't think Amelia could be more underwhelmed. I love her look it's like she's thinking, "so... why should I care about this? I can't eat it."

-----
Miya, my adventurous little Miya, hated them this year. I think it's probably because she just woke up from her nap and doing anything is traumatic right after nap. Does this picture remind anyone of anything? Check out this link for a hint.

-----
Our road flare burnt out before we were done with our sparklers so I got to light another, my first ever. It was fun but I was standing down wind at first and it was a little smoky. I love how jazzed I am about the fire.

-----
Spencer got more brave as time wore on and he even helped me light one. Here he is all proud of his sparkler.

-----
He was still a little nervous to hold it alone though. You can see how tense he is.

-----
One again with the baby not impressed and Spencer getting still a little more brave.

-----
After a while Miya was cool with touching them too under one condition, that they weren't lit. She was very helpful handing Dad new ones to light for other people. She would hand it to him and run away. This is one of three that I tried to take the other two didn't work because she was going so fast that she was just a blur.

-----
We started a new tradition this year that I think everyone could appreciate. We made s'mores. Miya, who was afraid of the road flare and sparklers, loved helping Dad with the fire. She would stand at a good distance and toss in sticks.

-----
Here they are starting to roast marshmallows.

-----
Spencer didn't want to get too close but he had a lot of instructions for Dad on how to do it. Spencer got pretty grumpy at him when he held it too close to the "orange part" and it caught on fire.

-----
Dad and Miya working on a s'more.

-----
Amelia got a little bit of graham cracker because she was still too young to have a real one, even though I'm sure if she had a say she would attest otherwise.

-----
Having fun roasting. I didn't hold it too close to the orange part. Spencer kept telling me good job, it was cute.

-----
Yum, yum s'mores. We will have to do this again.

-----
Speaking of yum yum, Amelia had her first veggie today. She had rice cereal before but today she turned five months and we added peas. Here she is all ready to conquer the peas.

-----
She decided that maybe it wasn't such a good idea after her first bite. She still ate it though and had several bites and made a good dent. It was funny she kept making yuck face and then kept opening her mouth for more. Her hand is on mine preventing it from going away which made me laugh. I think she did really well for her first experience.

-----
Miya wanted to be "Super Hero Miya" today. It was cute she got her own towel and was racing around the house holding it in place. I got her a safety pin and fixed it on there. When Spencer came in and saw her he had to be a super hero too and then they chased each other around the house. It was pretty cute to see them whiz past with capes flying.

-----
Amelia is five months old today so we took a picture to help us compare with how she's grown. She sits a lot better now and she loves to munch on everything, you can see her trying to get me here, I just love it. You can also see her little hair is starting to grow out. She looks so cute in this dress that it was another good excuse to take a picture, thanks again Lori, I love it!

Happy 4th, I love the picture of Amelia and the sparkler. That is cool you can start a fire in your yard.
ReplyDelete