Friday, July 4, 2008

Our Four's Fun Fourth

We had a great fourth today. We didn't do anything major we just hung around the house and then played outside.

As usual we used a road flare to light our sparklers. I love this picture Aaron had just lit the fusee and Miya decided she needed one too because that was "FIRE!" Don't worry we didn't let her light it and they stayed a good distance away.

We had these fun confetti throwers and Spencer and Miya loved all the paper floating down from the sky. Having done it last year Aaron was really good and aiming and getting the paper to fall right over the kids, it's much harder than it sounds. I love Miya's expression especially.

Spencer got to do a confetti thrower all by himself. He did a great job and was so excited when it all came floating down. I didn't expect him to be able to do it because you have to shake them pretty hard but he was a little pro!

Miya tried the confetti tube too but she couldn't get it to come out and kept giving me a look like, "why am I doing this?" Aaron went over and helped her but she was so worried that it was going to hit her head that she didn't even notice the confetti when it came out.

We also had these that popped out the confetti and streamers when you twist the bottom. It was fun to do it with Spencer because he was so excited about the whole process. He especially liked that it shot out green stuff which he collected all he could when it landed.

Miya's favorite thing by far was the sparklers. I love her cute little smirk here as she is looking at the fire. She kept saying "fire fire" over and over again it just cracked me up. We had to watch her though because she would wave it around crazily and almost got me a time or two.

A cute little picture with Mom and the kids. I enjoyed the sparklers too, and Aaron would light several at a time. He even gave the kids one for each hand and you should have seen how jazzed Miya was about her "two fires!!" it was pretty cute.

Here is Spencer with the aftermath. We made quite a mess! It's all that confetti fun.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had alot of fun. What a great time for the kids. I love all the cute faces they make as they are turning into little pyros. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, miya has the cutest hair! do you have to curl it at all with a curling iron or is she natural blessed with those perfect riglets? so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just her hair, it's a comb and go thing that I wish I had for my own mop top.

    ReplyDelete