Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ankeny Days Parade

Our friends the Wagner family invited us down for a parade for their city's festival. We made it just minutes before they blocked all the roads off and we had some really yummy blueberry pancakes while we waited for the parade to start. We'd heard rumors of a lot of candy but I didn't expect as much as we actually got. Here's Miya picking it up. They'd throw it in the street and you'd have to fend for yourself. It was fun once we backed away from the bigger kids so mine could actually get some. There was so much candy that in the end the kids got tired of picking it up and would just look at it. We got a grocery bag each it was crazy!

This is one of the Wagner kids code named Bear - they don't want crazy people they don't know like you stalking their kids :). I love the look he's giving Aaron it just cracks me up. It rained off and on but we had a great time!

This is the other Wagner kid, Monkey, and she is so cute I can't stand it. I love this picture with all her loot and how excited she is. She kept taking breaks to eat the candy and more would drop at her feet. It was like little kid heaven.

Other than the candy they had a lot of fun things go by. Spencer really liked the trucks, they had fire trucks galore and dump trucks and this cement mixer. Aaron's pretty proud of his little Spencer because Spencer said, "That's a cement mixer, it moves concrete!" Not many people get the difference. Cement is an ingredient in concrete.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming down and gracing us with your presence. We always enjoy spending time with the Super Schloemer's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've totally been to Ankeny. We have family friends that live there and visited them when I was 15 or so. That place made me fall in love with Iowa. Love it!

    ReplyDelete