Friday, July 10, 2009

... and the little one said Roll Over

On Monday Amelia decided it was time to roll over. I was so excited that she decided to do it for the first time when I was home and we were playing. We'd been working on it for a while now and Spencer was helping me. He told Amelia that she could do it and she watched as he showed her how and then Amelia tried and did it on her own. I had to run and get a camera and see if she would try it again and she did right away that's why I got this blurry picture. I tried again but she was too tired.

-----
Since my picture taken on Monday was so blurry I tried again on Tuesday to get a picture but I had to try after work. At that point she was too tired to try but I'm excited I got her pouty lip. She is an expert at the pout and while she does it all the time since she was teeny tiny this was the first time I was able to catch it with the camera.

-----
Look at this happy girl ready to try again! We made a third attempt on Wednesday to capture the roll again and she was much more ready to accommodate.

-----
Amelia was just having happy tummy time with no intention of rolling over so Spencer decided it would be a good idea to show her again how to do it. Again, she watched the whole time soaking it all in.

-----
She starting tilting using her head as a weight...

-----
Then she rolled over! We all gave her tons of praise but she only had eyes for Spencer and was cooing and smiling at him when he told her she did a good job. It's cute the connection that these two have!

2 comments:

  1. does she look anything like the other kids when they were her age? she just seems to have her own unique little look (and it is completely adorable!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute the Spencer wants to help Amelia learn. He is such a good brother. I am glad that you got to see the first roll over.

    ReplyDelete