Thursday, February 5, 2009

Please Welcome Miss Amelia Jane...

Amelia Jane Schloemer was born by C-section at 10:44am. She weighed 7 pounds 2.5 ounces and was 19 inches long. Originally I was supposed to start at 9am but there were delays with the woman before me and thus we started 1.5 hours late. The wait was quite difficult but well worth it.

The last belly picture. We had to get up at 6am to get ready and leave for the hospital. I had to make sure I got one last belly shot before I didn't have the belly. I love how big I got because I wasn't too uncomfortable.







I love this picture of Amelia, me, and my doctor Dr. Brink. Dr. Brink is the best doctor I've ever seen and I'm so excited that everything worked out.

I love Amelia's concern face here. This is totally characteristic of my new little girl. Most of the day she's had this face or has been crying. She does have a little bit of curly hair and it was lighter than the other two when they were born. She has blue eyes but darker than the other two as well.




I love this picture of Amelia with Daddy. They were just sitting there so sweetly while I was getting attended to by the nurse and I just couldn't resist a photo.

There will be more pictures later when Spencer and Miya meet the new baby but that's the latest and greatest now.

13 comments:

  1. Awww... YAY JULIE!!! I'm so excited for you, and she's PRECIOUS!! So cute!

    I've been thinking about you today, and I'm so glad to hear that everything went so well! I can't wait to meet her!

    And by the way, the name Amelia is SO CUTE! I love it! I wish you would have told us... SHEESH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!!!! Congrats! She's beautiful, glad everything worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad things went well. And congratulations on your new addition! She's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and she has such a cute name!

    You must be feeling pretty well since you are taking pictures and blogging ;) I'm sure the meds are working great! Gotta love planned c-sections! I am so happy for you!
    Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I cannot believe you have 3 kids! Amelia is so cute! My husband and I are moving out to Chicago in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can set up a play date (meet and greet is probably a better way of putting it) in the future since you won't be too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so awesome to update us all so quickly! We've been thinking about you all day! Baby Lia is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!! Hugs and Kisses from all of us in Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations Julie and Family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what? you had a baby today!?!? for some reason i kept thinking it was next week. she's gorgeous, and quite bigger than your other two, right? give her a big squishy hug from me!
    p.s. i mailed your gift today. it should get there sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! She is so cute - just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations you guys...wish we were there to see see her in person. She is beautiful. All our love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! She is adorable, I'm glad everything went well with the delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful she is! Good job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Glad baby and Mom are well!

    ReplyDelete