Friday, January 30, 2009

Stupid False Alarm!!

So I was sitting there folding laundry yesterday around 4pm minding my own business when BLAMMO! I felt an unbelievable pain in my belly. I though wow, that hurts and I can't breathe. I put up with it for about a half an hour because I just wanted to get something done. Then I called Aaron upstairs so we could decide what to do about it. Luckily Michelle came into town with Logan on Wednesday night and she was able to watch the kids while we ran to the hospital.

First off, I've never experienced labor, I had scheduled c-sections with my first two. Which originally I thought was lame because I really wanted to push a baby out but after having a small taste of labor I have changed my mind. I love c-sections. Anyway, my water broke with Spencer and he came early but the contractions weren't that bad. Yesterday by the time I called Aaron upstairs I was in an incredible amount of pain and I couldn't talk when I had them. Michelle, having experienced it before, told me I was most likely in labor and encouraged a hospital visit. I called my Mom on the way and she also said I was in labor. Aaron was busy freaking out that I was going to have the baby in the car because the contractions were so strong and close together. We got to the hospital and the nurses thought I was in labor too. They even got people to start preparing the OR so I could have my c-section.

They get my all settled in triage and then randomly my contractions pittered out. After two hours they were all but gone and after about twenty minutes they didn't even really hurt. It was so stupid!! Luckily my doctor, whom I love dearly, was on call and came in a reassured me. I think if she wasn't there I'd still be crying that I didn't get a baby yesterday. Now I'm pretty okay with it. Anyway, the doctor just said that I was probably in labor because my cervix changed 1cm but that it just stopped for some reason. Her idea, I just have a "naughty uterus." Which totally made me laugh.

So that's the long story behind the short facebook status, for those of you that are lucky enough to use facebook. I have six days until the baby is scheduled to come but who knows what could happen in the mean time. Hopefully I won't have to have the horrible pain again but if it gets me a baby I'll deal with being a little more like every other woman in the world who had to wait until their body tells them to have a baby instead of the nice date they picked out with their doctor.

5 comments:

  1. yeah, i remember that pain. it hurt A LOT!!! hooray for scheduled c-sections! i'll try to get your little gift in the mail early next week, but i make no promises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I love the "naughty uterus" - that made me laugh. Only 6 more days - how exciting. Yeah I don't know how people have babies without drugs. With my first I waited to have an epidural just to see. Yeah, I didn't wait with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh! I'm glad everything is okay, but I would be mad too if I had to go all the way into the hospital and didn't come home with a baby! Hang in there, you're almost there!
    (easier said than done I know)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything is ok. I can definitely empathize with false trips to L&D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn! Jessica would've loved having a cousin share a birthday with her!!!!

    ReplyDelete