Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Lucky Day

A post from Aaron....

So I was switching cars last night when a puff of smoke and splatter of goo came off a tank car like these. Luckily I was not hit but my coworker was. Inside the tank was 30,000 gallons of "liquid byproduct" (yuck). Judging by its brown color and overpowering smell some of the other people came to different conclusions about what it was but I think it was probably the low end of the meat spectrum. A notch or two above that and several steps below lard you get what is in the tank pictured, edible tallow. Look for that on the ingredients list the next time you bite into a ding dong, twinkie, fruit pie, or anything else on that aisle of the grocery store, mmmmmm. As a side note look closely at the picture and notice that edible and inedible are just stenciled on the end of the car and routinely switched out.

4 comments:

  1. GROSS!!! Okay I am glad you didn't get yucked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty nasty!! I'm glad that you weren't splattered by it. Yuck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really gross! Yuck! Glad you evaded it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost slimed!I'm sending you some brown stuff in a bottle soon, but it's nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete