Sunday, January 25, 2009

All Done Baby Remodel!

To celebrate the end of the baby remodel stage I decided to post pictures of all the fun we've had since the new year getting ready for the baby. On Friday we finished the last coat of paint and got her light put back up on Saturday. All we need now is furniture in there and it's all done, woohoo!! I never thought this day would happen, especially two weeks ago when the drywall still wasn't done. Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

This one isn't actually in the baby's room but it was so funny I couldn't resist. Spencer was helping Aaron mud the wall downstairs and Aaron spilled some on his head. Poor little guy.

Spencer has been excitedly waiting for the day to paint the room. Every day he kept asking us, is it time to paint yet? Finally it was. When we weren't looking he grabbed the paint brush and helped add some primer to the wall.

What a belly! And before any of you yell at me for painting while pregnant I asked my doctor and she said it was okay and they just tell pregnant women not to because it's hard on their backs. Aaron did most of the work but I couldn't just sit around and watch, that's not my style.

Aaron painting, you can see Spencer working on his wall in the background. After a while he ran out of paint on his brush but he didn't care he just kept at it.

I noticed that over the entire remodel stage we only had one picture of Miya helping so I thought I'd get her to help us paint. You can see how she really wasn't at all interested. She kept telling me "Not safe Mom, Not Safe!!" I think this makes for a funnier/cuter picture than if she actually helped.

Spencer checking out the green paint. I kept thinking, wow, that's really green. I don't remember wanting it to be that green. It was like Kermit the Frog. Spencer was so jazzed though. He kept saying, "WOW, it's BOO-ti-ful!" You see, this is going to be the baby's room only for as long as it takes her to sleep through the night or when Miya doesn't wake up when she cries, whichever comes first. We let Spencer pick the color so when it becomes his room we don't have to redecorate. Of course he had to have green, his favorite color, and I figure as long as he loves it I don't care that it's crazy potent.


He had to help with the first layer of paint, it was pretty cute how excited he was as the green was going up.

I found something Miya was willing to help with. She loved the lights from our fancy light fixture. She carried them around for quite some time telling anyone who would listen, "Look! It's a light!"

So I was right initally when I said that it was too green. We ran out of paint and had to go back and get more for another coat. We went back to the same Wal-mart, used the same paint chip and came out with these two very different colors of paint. The lighter one was the one we actually wanted so it's good that we got it the second time around and not the first because that means the top layer is what we asked for and not powerfully overpotent Kermit the Frog green.

Aaron was just finishing up with our nifty light fixture. As you can see in this picture it's still pretty green. But hey, like I said, Spencer loves it. He keeps going in there and saying, it's so cool! Then, "Baby needs to hurry up and be all done so I can move my bed in here."

4 comments:

  1. Looks great you guys. I think Spencer is right that will be perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! M would be so jealous to know that Spencer has a green room. Green is also M's favorite color - you could even say he's obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay it's done!! How fun for Spencer to get a green room. My boys would probably love that!

    Now let's get that baby out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Spencer in loving green. I'm trying to get our babies room finished as well...I figure waiting until the last minute gives me something to focus on rather than obsessing on when the baby will actually come!

    ReplyDelete