This was Amelia's favorite way to relax while we were in the hospital. I think because it still felt like cuddling but she didn't get bugged as much. She's a snuggle bug for sure but she doesn't like being poked and prodded while snuggled.-----
I noticed that the only pictures I had of me and the baby was while I was in my hospital gown. So we took these while we were waiting to go home.-----
Here she is all cute and small in her bucket. I'm amazed at how tiny they are every time I see a new baby in the bucket. What's really amazing is that she is only a half an inch taller than Spencer was at birth but was born nearly 3 pounds heavier.-----
Aaron and Amelia all ready to go home. She looked so warm and toasty in her car seat sleeping bag. I don't think she even noticed how cold it was outside. If you ask me that would be the life to hang out in a fuzzy lined sleeping bag while other people haul you around.-----
The kids were pretty jazzed to have her home. We put her bucket down on the couch and Spencer crawled right up and said hi. Miya took a little more encouragement because she so worried about hurting the little baby. She tell you how much she likes her though if you ask her and Miya really gets upset when Amelia cries she tells me to "pick up baby!"-----
Aunt Michelle wanted to hold the baby and got swarmed with onlookers. It was pretty fun to see everyone's excitement with the new baby home. I love Spencer's finger poking her in the cheek. He was actually being really soft but it sure looks funny.-----
My Dad made this cradle when my oldest brother Andy was a baby. I have had all three of my kids sleep in it the day they got home from the hospital and as long as they can after that. I also take this picture every time because there is a picture of me just like this the night I came home from the hospital and I think it's so cute to see us all in the same cradle. Amelia wasn't interested in sleep right then though, you can see her little eyes open looking through the rails.
Julie, you look so good! Keep the pictures coming, I love looking at them! She is so precious, I can't believe how tiny she looks.
ReplyDeleteShe is just precious. I just can't get over how tiny she is, so cute! I love all the pictures!
ReplyDeleteShe is so tiny, and so precious! BTW, I adore the name Amelia. Like, it's in my list of top 3 names for girls. Beautiful.
ReplyDelete