Friday, February 6, 2009

More Hospital Pictures

Here are some more pictures from the hospital yesterday (the 5th).
-----

I love Miya's concern face here. She really liked the baby but you can see from the way her hands are thoroughly planted to her chest that she knew she wasn't supposed to touch her. Spencer was also a little nervous to touch her but he was so excited to meet his new little sister.
-----

Nana and Amelia. Originally I had her in this cute outfit but we had to remove it so she would eat, thus the cute onesie instead.
-----

Nana was so cute helping Spencer hold the baby. Spencer didn't want to touch her but wanted Amelia to touch him. Immediately he made the connection that this was he little sister and he wanted to take her home. Too bad we have to wait a few more days for that. Spencer was actually the one who came up with the nickname Lia for the baby. When we first picked out her name he really liked Amelia but couldn't say it. She quickly became baby Lia but most of the time we still call her Amelia.
-----

Papa and Amelia. He didn't want to take anyone's turn holding the baby so I had to convince him he needed a turn so I could get a picture. They had a nice little moment together.
-----

Our first family photo. We look so cute even though it's hard to get everyone happy and pointed in the same direction. Spencer, just like when Miya was born, was all about the baby and wouldn't look at the camera.
-----

A while ago I was talking to Spencer about whose birthday was coming next. When he heard that it was Baby Lia's turn next he started talking all about how she needed a birthday cake. I thought it was a cute idea and one that he just didn't shake so we did it. He even had us buy her a zero candle to put in one of the cupcakes but he said, "Baby needs help it's too hard for her" to blow out the candle. So here we are with our cake and Spencer, Miya and I blew out the candle.
-----

Aunt Michelle and Austin loved holding the baby too. She was amazed that as small as Amelia is both of her kids were smaller.
-----

Uncle Brian and Logan had their turn next. Logan was pretty jazzed about the baby and kept trying to touch her. I can't believe my first two were that far apart, they're both just babies.
-----


I was trying to get a picture of her with a happy face. She had a great one going until the flash happened. Maybe we'll have to try again later.

4 comments:

  1. Love all the new pictures! The ones with your kids are so cute!

    Can't wait to meet her! And I love the nickname spencer gave her! How awesome of a big brother is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know we are all eating up all these new pics, keep them coming.
    The birthday cake thing is so sweet, what a good big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, you look way better than i ever did in the hospital. :) she is adorable. i need me a baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh! She is so precious. She looks like she will get lots of love from her sibs. It's amazing what we can produce:)

    ReplyDelete