
I told Spencer that he had to help with the Christmas tree before he could have any snacks. So he obediently grabbed a tree branch and ran to the candy. That counts right?

Me with my little helpers. Spencer was so cute he actually tried to straighten the branches but it didn't work too well. He didn't appreciate it when I had to redo the ones he did. Miya was very proud of her branch and carried it around for about ten minutes.

Every year we get the kids some ornaments to represent what they were into that year so we can remember. Spencer loved cookie monster last year and here he is putting it on the tree. I can't wait to see what he picks this year. He seems to like everything so it's going to be a hard choice.

Miya, of course, got a Hello Kitty ornament. You can't really see it but Kitty is all bundled up and looks so cute. Miya stands at the tree and points at the Kitty and jumps up and down yelling, "it's Kitty Mommy!" Over and over again, fun stuff.

Notice the cute belly protrusion? I'm finally getting to where you can nearly always tell I'm pregnant. It's about freaking time if you ask me since I'm seven months along.

Aaron looking good putting on the topper. He helped a lot this year with the tree which was fun. Usually he puts up one or two and then sits at the snack table for the rest of the decorating. I still had to get the token tree topper picture though.

Yum yum ranch dip. We had a lot of snacks left over from when Brian and family were here (Thanks a bunch guys!) so we didn't have to buy much. Miya helped herself to the rest of the ranch dip and when the chips and crackers ran out she just used her fingers.

We have a really awesome Union Pacific train that goes around our Christmas tree and this is by far Aaron and the kids favorite part of the whole decorating. Aaron has a huge box of cars that he carefully selects from and then they sit there and watch it go around the tree for a long time never getting tired of it.
Do your kids take off the ornaments? My Andrew seems to think it is so fun to see how many ornaments he can take off the tree, and occasionally break! Grrr. I dunno how to handle it. I'm thinking about taking all the ornaments off and just leaving the lights. But man, your kids seem to enjoy creating the tree...not destroying it like mine does.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea with getting ornamnets that represent what they were into that year. What a beautiful tree.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you have a tall husband to put your star on!! I've about killed myself many a time, climbing on some object to put the star on top of the tree. I should let Nate do it from now on!!!
ReplyDelete