In honor of Spencer's third birthday I thought I'd give you all a flashback to his first month and a half of life. He was born when I was 36 weeks 3 days along in the pregnancy by c-section after my water broke. I had just gotten off bedrest that lasted for 13 weeks and we were shopping for a camera to replace the one that just broke. We stopped by home in between stores for a quick potty break and my water broke just as I walked into the bathroom. Spencer was 4 pounds 7.7 ounces and was 18.5 inches long. He had problems keeping his temperature up and getting enough oxygen so he stayed in the NICU for nine days while I drove to see and feed him every three hours while I was awake.Here is a picture of his first bath. You can get a little idea of how small he was with this normal sized cup and how his little head would just fit right inside.
Here he is with what we call the birth wrench. Spencer was 18.5 inches long when he was born and this wrench is 18.5 inches long too. It came in a set of five that I bought Aaron for his birthday three weeks before Spencer was born. We've taking pictures of him with it as he's grown to show how big he's getting.
This is Spencer one month old with his first dinosaur. As you can see by his face he doesn't really care about it but I was having fun playing with it. You can see his crazy lot of hair and his tiny skinny boy arms.
This is his first haircut. It happened in September so he was a little over a month old at the time. His hair kept poofing up and it was uncontrollable. Once again you can see what a tiny baby he was. I love his look at the clippers as they are coming toward him.
The last picture is a little bit of floor time. When he was born he didn't fit into preemie clothes. He was the right length but too skinny. The pants had a hart time staying on and there was all kinds of room in the shirts. He filled out a little more here and by two months he was in Newborn clothes and in 0-3 by three months.
i'm loving the trip down memory lane! you'll be doing this for miya too right?!?! for reals, your little baby who is now a big 3 year old is so sweet. happy birthday spencer!
ReplyDeletep.s. sorry to hear about aaron's hand. fill us in when there's a second.
Happy Birthday Spencer! I didn't know all that about his birth, isn't modern medicine/ education amazing? How is baby number 3 doing? I love all his baby hair! What did he look like after you cut it? Have fun with the kiddos!
ReplyDeleteI loved the pics! Tell Spencer Happy Birthday!!!! Good job going potty!!! Also, I love the new picture of Spencer with the wrench.
ReplyDelete