Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn!!!

I was SO excited for the release of Breaking Dawn. I'd read everything I could, that didn't have spoilers, and followed interviews and the daily quotes on stepheniemeyer.com and still couldn't wait. My friend Laura Meyer (no relation to the author) and I went to the Breaking Dawn release party at the Borders in Ames. This is a picture of us before we left. I brought my camera with the same idea so I laughed when she said she wanted to take one. Her Dad suggested we hold book three. Excitment was in the air as we drove.

While I did have a lot of fun with Laura the party left something to be desired. There were probably around 200 people there and they had activities that included at most 15 people at a time. So we mostly just wandered around the store and chatted. Being the old married lady that I am with kids I usually go to bed before ten so I was struggling to keep up with all the teenagers that surrounded us waiting for their copies. At last midnight came around but since I didn't reserve a copy at the store I had to get near the end of the line. Finally at 12:25 I had the book in my hand and we took a picture to celebrate. People mocked me but it's the only picture we took that night. I was hoping for a big poster or something we could stand by but no such luck.

I finally got home at one and read until two. I finished it last night around ten and I have already reviewed it here at Bookworm Burrow. So I reviewed this book without giving away anything that Stephenie didn’t give away before the book was published so if it’s a little cryptic I’m sorry. If you’ve read it you’ll know what I mean if you haven’t read it yet pick it up today!

2 comments:

  1. yay for new books. Can't wait to read your review, but I'm waiting until I get to read the book - have to borrow it from someone :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you and Laura! I guess it's time I started these books. :-)

    ReplyDelete