Monday, August 4, 2008

Animal Encounters

I know I post a lot of pictures of the zoo but I couldn't help it with these. We have a zoo pass and used to go a lot but since I haven't been feeling well we missed out the last few weeks. Poor Spencer has been asking for a while so we went on Friday. They decided to make up for lost time getting up close and personal with the animals in the petting area. This is Miya with a Llama. What you don't see in this picture is that she kept poking at his eye. She was trying to love it but with the position it was in all she was getting was eye. The poor thing must be used to it because it didn't even budge. I like how Spencer is getting down on the llama's level too.

We'd been to the petting area a lot but never in this part. I don't know how we missed it but look at all these crazy fish! Apparently you can get food out of a little vending machine, like the candy ones you put a quarter in, and feed it to the fish so they just hang out and wait to be fed. Miya was really brave and got down and tried to touch one. I don't know if she actually did but she reached with all her little girl might. Right before we got there we saw a guy reach in and snatch one out of the water, it was crazy! Maybe Miya was trying to copy him. She is the fearless one in the family.

This is Spencer touching the fish. You can see why I went with the other angle with Miya because the fish crowd looks much more impressive but here you can see what he's doing. He wanted me to touch one too but I wasn't that brave.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't blame you for not touching the fish - yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some crazy fish. I hope those kids still have all their fingers.

    ReplyDelete