Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Miya Flashback

Miya was born August 25, 2006 in spite of our efforts to have her be born on August 22nd. My OB gave me the choice between the 22 and the 29 for my c-section so naturally, as any pregnant mother at her wits end would, I choose the earlier date. Unfortunately when I got there so many things went wrong that we had to reschedule for three days later. It was lame but it all worked out in the end. My c-section was scheduled for noon and I had a really hard time sleeping the night before because I was so excited. It was better than Christmas! It's fun to know when they are coming but the excitement and anticipation are hard. She was born at 12:11 and perfectly healthy. As you can see from this picture she was born with a bunch of dark hair that spiked out in the back like so many women do. She's just naturally cute!

This is Miya two days old at home. We were doing her birth announce- ment photo shoot. She's just so cute and small!



Here she is four days old lying on a blanket that Aunt Michelle made her. She liked to be on the floor a lot even though Spencer would come over and bug her all the time. Maybe that's why she liked it because she got so much attention. It was nice because I got the best of both worlds. She likes to snuggle and she likes time alone too!

I love this one because you can see her little dimple on the one side. She only has the one. This was taken just after her one month mark. Just a cute little girl if you ask me.










This is another one of my favorites. Here she is nearly two months old playing with her floor time thing. She's having a nice chat with the red bird. I also got it on video because she was making all kinds of happy squeaky noises at it and made me laugh. She was always such an easy happy baby and even slept through the night for twelve hours at three months! I hope I get so lucky with number three.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Miya!!! And did I see a little baby bump in the picture with the cake? Cute Miya, cute Julie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there is a little bump there. I have been getting a lot bigger lately and I am not in all maternity clothes. I have this one shirt that makes me look like I'm about to pop but most of my other ones just makes me look barely pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miya's also been so cute!!!! Hopefully the kids don't end up with "soap poisoning" from the bubble incident. I guess I didn't think through that one very well. :) -SuperMom

    ReplyDelete