Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Snow, Snow, and More Snow
I took these pictures on the 21st 22nd but Spencer decided to play with my camera and take and hide the memory stick. He's really good at telling me where he hides things if I think to ask. Well, I asked him and he said in the kitchen. I didn't know if he meant his play kitchen or the real one so I looked in all the cupboards and everything and they were no where to be found until today. Aaron was putting on his shoes and he found the memory stick under the dishwasher.
It seems like the snow is never going to end here in Iowa. We had a nice thaw on Monday, it got in the 50s but then last night it was -2 and felt like -18. Crazy! This picture is of the snow we got on the 21st. I went to fill the car up with gas for Aaron after the kids went to bed and it was so quiet and peaceful. The snow made everything so pretty that even though it was so cold I enjoyed being outside.
The next day Aaron had Spencer help clear off the snow. We got a lot in one night. We've also found that a push broom is the best tool for snow removal here. The snow is oddly dry. I tried to make a snowball but it won't pack and forget about a snowman. I've seen a few but I guess I'm going to have to ask around because ours isn't sticking. Anyway, those are the most recent Schloemer family adventure. Not much else is new. We stay inside and try to keep warm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun fun! I'm ready to never see snow again, but I suppose an occasional snow storm is always exciting, especially for kids.
ReplyDeleteWow that's a lot of snow....too much for me! I absolutely love Twilight to the point of me wanting to marry a vampire! It's my kind of book and I can't wait for the movie to come out in December. I read all three of them in less than a week. I know, but I have no kids to run around after. :)
ReplyDelete