Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

President Gordon B. Hinckley the 15th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints passed away in his home last night. What he did to change the world and the work in the Church will never be forgotten.

One of my favorite memories involves a time he came to BYU. I can't remember the reason for his visit just how I felt when he was there. The Marriott holds around 20,000 people and it was packed. I was on the top row with a friend Mike Benson waiting for him to arrive. No one had to tell me when he came in the room. I could feel the difference of warmth and love fill the entire place. We then sang "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" and I couldn't even sing I was so choked up with emotion. I will always remember those feeling and the desire he stirred within me to be better that day and every day since.

No comments:

Post a Comment