
...makes a lot of stuff. I've been working hard for the past month and a half on sewing things for different projects. Aaron's Mom sent me these quilt squares that her grandmother made a long time ago and I was able to turn them into a twin size quilt. Here I am with it on the quilting rack pinning it for quilting.

This quilt is for Baby Logan, Brian and Michelle's baby boy that is due the end of February. I was so excited to make it because it involved a really fun pattern and great fabric. I was afraid the alligators would be too busy a fabric for the big squares but I think it turned out great. I have made quilts for all my brother's and sister's kids and it is such a fun thing to do to help them remember me.

Our Church gets busy every year with Humanitarian Aid projects. This year we are doing nightgowns for little girls. I was so excited about this project because I didn't have to buy anything. Those who couldn't sew in our ward donated money and we had a few sisters make kits where they cut out the fabric and the elastic. All I had to do was sew it together and put in the elastic. Each one took me 45 minutes to an hour and I've made eleven so far. They range in sizes from those for 2 year olds to those for 10 to 12 year olds. It was a fun project and I loved it.

I also made a new cover for our changing pad for our changing table. The one that came with it was white and had a lot of rips in it. I went down to Target and bought a vinyl table cloth for $4 and I made three different covers. The pattern is more fun and if this one rips there are two more where that came from. It's the simple things that really make my life as a Mom more pleasant.
Later this month I will be making a dress and tie for my kids for my Mom's wedding. For those who didn't know my Mom is getting married again on March 8th, 2008. She's really excited and we are too. For more information check out her blog,
http://ncnana.blogspot.com/.
Looks like you are keeping yourself quite busy. I love all your work and it is so great that you are helping others with your amazing abilities.
ReplyDeleteYou sure are the super mom! I'm quite impressed - all those projects and they all look amazing. When I grow up I want to be a super mom just like you! :)
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Lisa. :) I can't believe you made 11 dresses. I bet those in your ward just love you. Willing to sew anything they throw at you. :) The quilts look great as always. My girls still love thier quilts when I let them play with them. I don't want them ruined. I am sure you would make them another but it is memories that go with each quilt that I can't let them destroy. Love ya sis!
ReplyDeleteYou are so impressively crafty!
ReplyDeleteBTW you can make the pictures bigger if they are in posts, you just need to click on the picture!
It all looks great. Of course you are my daughter.
ReplyDelete