Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's a Party!!

Since we were going to be at my Mom's house for both of the kids birthdays Aaron and I decided to have a party celebrating them both before I left. The kids got all of their big presents then so they would get them and because we couldn't take them with us. This is Spencer helping put together his new train activity table. It was a lot bigger than I expected it to be. He was so helpful actually tightening screws and everything not just banging it with the screwdriver.

Miya on the other hand was a banger but she is also teething so she puts EVERYTHING into her mouth. She decided the screw driver might taste good and there was no prying it from her after that. Poor Aaron was trying to put it together quickly so they could play with it and both the kids kept walking off with his tools and screws.

This is the kids with their new chef outfits and their new kitchen. TOO CUTE!! I just love it! We found the hats and aprons on sale and we just had to have the kitchen since it first came out. We justified getting it because they shared it as a present. They played with that thing until we left and just loved it. Spencer even got some food from the real kitchen and put it in the cupboards.

Miya just loves her new chair. This is also something I've been wanting for her for a while. Spencer got his lion chair his first Christmas but there was just too many things we got Miya so we waited until her Birthday. Well, a few weeks before she started to notice that she always watched TV sitting on the floor while Spencer got a fancy chair to sit it. Then we knew we had to get her this one. It's just so cute too.

Both the kids in their Birthday hats. Spencer loves his. He wears it all the time. Miya would tolerate it for a little while and then she was done and there was no convincing her to put it back on. I'm glad we got pictures with it though. They are both wearing party shirts too after my Dad's tradition. Spencer's is more obvious. We didn't have one for Miya but she's got tropical fruit on hers and I thought it would be good enough. You can see how much bigger Miya's new chair is than Spencer's so now he thinks it must be his because he's bigger. Well, they mostly share it. You wouldn't think too little butts could fit at the same time but they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment