Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Miya!

The Big ONE!! Miya had a great birthday. I made her a confetti cake, her favorite to date and she got to lick the spatula. I love the happy yet concerned look on her face as I'm giving her the first lick. She went on to get that spatula from every angle possible and enjoyed every lick. Miya was pretty bummed when Spencer found out what we were doing in the kitchen and she had to share some of her licks with him.

Since Nana was in Idaho with her family it was just Me and the two kids and Brian, Michelle, and Austin. We did have some fun though. We were planning on going swimming but it was another kids birthday too and they were having a party in the pool. It was too crowded to go so we'll have to do that another day. We sat around and talked and the kids played. Until it was time to open present. These are the My Little Ponies that Nana got Miya. She saw how much she loved the other one we got her and when Nana found out that we left it behind she decided that's what she'd get Miya for her Birthday. She loves them. Spencer does too.

This is what Aaron and I got Miya. She a doll from Nana when she was born and it's really cute but only has one outfit. So we found a place that sells more for her little dolly. She loved the outfit especially the shoes but I had to take the shoes away because Miya kept trying to swallow them. The outfit is so cute and now her dolly is ready to go out on the town, no more jammies for her at church.

Brian, Michelle, and Austin got Miya two books. They are so cute. One has big googully (sp?) eyes and it is of farm animals and every animal has the same eyes. Miya is just facinated with that book. Apparently so was Uncle Brian when he saw it in the store. The other book has babies and a pig doing different faces. Miya loves to look at other babies so this was a great choice. Spencer loves it too. He's starting to practice different faces and he like to mimic the ones in the book.

We had pizza from Pizza Hut for Miya's birthday, just like Spencer, maybe it should be our new tradition, it's pretty good and we don't get pizza very often. She loved it and ate more than Spencer did, which is kind of hard to do lately. She especially liked the pineapples on the pizza and I gave her all the ones I could spare from the box and my pieces. Anyway this is Miya with her confetti cake. We put the candle in and sung happy birthday and she got to blow it out and then she just went for the cake. She just picked it up in both hands and had at it.

So I put the camera down so I could have a few bites of my cake and I look over and Miya's is gone! She ate the whole piece, there wasn't any one the floor or in her chair. I knew the confetti cake was a good choice. I love the frosting everywhere and her happy little grin covered in crumbs. What a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Miya is the cutest one year old ever!!! Callie has the exact same polo shirt from target. Don't you just love target?!

    ReplyDelete