Thursday, December 23, 2010

Church Christmas Celebration

12/18 - We were on the activities committee for the Christmas party and fried four turkeys for the occasion. It was a lot of work but so fun. I did two of them completely on my own while Aaron slept and that was a first for me. I think they all turned out pretty great.
12/18 - Spencer and Santa for the church Christmas party. He was excited to see Santa but not all all interested in the lap sitting.
12/18 - Miya was so sweet being shy with Santa. I was so proud of her being brave and talking to him. We really talked it up and tried to tell her that he wasn't scary. I guess it worked.

12/18 - She warmed up to Santa at the end but also wasn't interested in sitting on his lap.
12/18 - Amelia went right up to Santa and asked him for a pillow pet. It was so cute! Then I wanted a picture of her with Santa and suddenly she freaked out. Don't know what happened but this sad face quickly led to tears. Poor baby.
12/18 - Alex didn't ask Santa for anything this year but was very cute posing with him. Too bad Santa's hat kept whacking him in the face and the smile left.

12/18 - They had a cake walk for the younger kids and mine loved it! Spencer won first but they all ended up with a cupcake.

12/18 - The kids love the coloring pages at the party and were so proud of the beautiful pictures they made.

12/18 - Amelia was SUPER excited to be coloring.
12/18 - Miya was such a great helper after the party and folded up some chairs.

4 comments:

  1. Go you for deep frying 4 WHOLE turkeys! WOW! Looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed you did that many turkeys! The party looks like fun. It is a big job to be on the activities committee. Been there, done that and am happy I'm not anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like everyone had a good time at the Christmas Party. I remember you freaking out at Santa at Brian's Preschool party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miya looks a lot like you in this last photo. Looks like tons of work for the Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete