7/2 - We had a church party at Saylorville Lake and it was a lot of fun. Probably the best time I've had at a church party in, well ever. Our friend who was taking this picture said to pretend we were in Hawaii, it made me laugh.
7/2 - Spencer loved playing in the lake but was bummed we didn't bring a shovel to dig in the sand.
7/2 - Miya repeatedly forgot to heed the warning not to get her shorts wet. My adventure Miya would have swam all the way to the middle of the lake if only she knew how.
7/2 - Amelia was not excited about the water at all until she saw Miya and Spencer having such a good time. She never really got in though. She preferred to stay cautiously perched on the edge.
7/2 - The swing was a different story. She couldn't get enough of that and was smiling and giggling the entire time.
7/2 - Miya ready to sail around the world.
7/2 - Part of the festivities included a birthday cake to America with 234 candles on it. It was CRAZY! It took forever to light but was such a cute idea.
7/2 - The aftermath of the candles. Can you tell which side was lit first?
7/2 - They also had s'mores kits there with HUGE marshmallows. No this is not a dixie cup it is actually a giant marshmallow. Amelia, obviously, loved it.
7/3 - This is Alex's new favorite pass-time. He loves to smile and coo at the blue dog toy and he laughed for the first time looking at the reflection of himself in the little mirror. It was pretty cute! I had to look over to make sure it was him laughing and not Amelia because I'd never heard him do that before.
7/3 - We went to the firework show in Slater (a nearby town) and had so much fun. I had no idea that they did this every year. We were so close to the action that we could actually feel the big ones. They played music that everyone could hear too and it made it a lot more moving and memorable. Alex slept though the whole thing, it was a shocker. Spencer was calm and happy. Amelia was more interested in looking at the camera or people near us. Surprisingly Miya was the one who freaked out. I totally wasn't expecting that because she is always the first one to take a risk. She was okay to watch them as long as she covered her ears and sat on Aaron's lap.
7/3 - My cute little Meal-yah saw the other kids plugging their ears and she tried to copy them but didn't actually get the point. Here she is holding her cheeks and watching the fireworks.
7/3 - I love Miya's ooh that you can hardly see. She was excited at first when they'd only let off one or two at a time, it's when they got to five or six big ones that she got scared.
7/3 - I tried to take one without the flash so I quit blinding my whole family. It's pretty dark but really cute.
7/3 - I love my cute Amelia in this one. She was so excited about the fireworks. Poor Spencer was getting his hand stepped on and didn't say anything so I didn't notice until after I took the picture. Hence the sad face.
7/4 - It was a soggy fourth this year so I decided to change it up and let the kids go out and splash in the rain. Miya loved her boots and rain coat. She throughly played and got soaked all the way up to her armpits.
7/4 - Amelia and I don't have rain boots but we still went out and played a little.
7/4 - Spencer was so excited to carry water around in this bucket. He had big plans for making a lake in our yard with water he'd catch.
7/4 - Later the rain died down and we were able to do our traditional sparklers and road flare. Here's my handsome boy with the first sparkler of the day.
7/4 - Amelia was more excited about the sparklers this year. She was so cute holding her own but kept trying to touch the hot part, silly goose.
7/4 - Alex and I even enjoyed a few sparklers together. He'd occasionally look over at one and raise his eyebrow and open his eyes big and wide, it was pretty adorable.
7/4 - Miya freaked out about the sparklers last year and wouldn't even hold a lit one. This year, after a bunch of reassurance that it wouldn't burn her, she held one really really far from her. She actually liked it and got more brave as the night wore on.
7/4 - Aaron and Amelia looking cute. She wouldn't look at the picture because she was too fascinated with the sparkler.
7/4 - My cute and festive big kids. Miya was much more brave here and they both look so cute!
























No comments:
Post a Comment