Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Crazy Fun Day

Had an interesting day yesterday. Played at the school playground. Hit a VULTURE (honestly!) with my car, too bad it lived. Then went camping in our living room. I got pictures of everything but the vulture.

6/29 - Alex never gets much use out of our trips to the park so I decided to have a little fun with him and put his car seat on the tire swing.  He loved the gentle push I gave him, you can actually see his cute smile in this picture.

6/29 - A close-up of Alex loving the tire swing.

6/29 - Amelia is such a big girl now!  She loved playing on the school playground all by herself and climbed and slid like a champ!

6/29 - I think this is the hardest obstacle on the whole structure.  I've actually tried it and struggled.  Spencer, who seems to get more brave and accomplished all the time, did it completely on his own.  Miya got nearly to the top and asked for help after she fell off.  I hauled her cute little bum up to the platform, with no help from her, and she happily announced to Aaron, "I did it all by myself!"

6/29 - After that we enjoyed a rousing game of catch the Miya.  She hung onto this zip line of sorts and Spencer and I pushed her back and forth.  She was laughing and saying, "Again!  Again!"  Amelia stood off to the sad and studied the whole thing like we were a bunch of crazies.


6/29 - More proof of Spencer's budding advent-urism.  He told me, "I can't touch the lava rocks, they'll burn my feet!"  What a great imagination too!

6/29 - I love this baby boy!  You can totally tell by the expres- sion on my face that I think he's the cutest baby ever.  I also love his monster shirt that says hug me!  Who wouldn't want to hug this sweet boy?

6/29 - Of course when I saw the three portholes in a row on this play- ground ship I envi- sioned the picture.  The kids pulled it off well even adding a bit of their own personality to each one.

6/29 - The big three on the tire swing.  Adven- ture Miya kept leaning all the way back and the other two kept worrying that she'd fall.

6/29 - We decided to end our fun filled day by camping in the living room.  Amelia slept in her own bed so we wouldn't have a cranky girl the next day and Alex slept on the couch but the rest of us partied in the tent.  We even postponed bedtime to party.  Typically 8pm turned into 11pm.  Party animals!

6/29 - Okay, so we have a really big living room but the tent is even bigger.  It probably would have fit were it not for our extensive book collection and desk but even then it would have been a tight fit.  Maybe we'll have to take it outside next time.

2 comments:

  1. I love the camping in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like outdoors really agrees with all of you. Especially Alex. We love the picture of him in the tire swing. In door camping is fun but outdoor camping is the best. Jim wanted to know how you got the kids to pose for the picture in the portholes. I said that you just told them to do it. and Jim said Right:)

    ReplyDelete