So after several all Alex or nearly all Alex posts here is one that doesn't have him in it at all. The big kids and I finally had some fun together.
-----

6/23 - We decided to move Amelia into a twin bed. She hadn't been sleeping well in her crib and we were coming up on needing it for Alex anyway, I'm almost ready to move him out of my room and in with Spencer. Anyway, so we rearranged the girls' room and took the bunk beds apart and gave Amelia the top bunk so she could have the railings. It's working out really well. She sleeps so much better in it and she stays in it nicely. The first night we heard her getting out of her bed and Aaron found her snuggling with Miya in her bed, too cute!
P.S. Ignore the outfit. She spilled on her shirt when Alex was sleeping upstairs and Aaron didn't want to creek up there to get her a new one and thus the plaid on plaid, apparently we forgot to get her a new one for the picture. I didn't even notice until I was posting the picture.
-----

6/24 - Amelia the morning after her bed switch. Usually she wakes up around seven and when she wasn't awake at 10am I went to check on her and found her like this. She's so cute sucking her thumb, hugging her pillow, and putting her foot on the rail. She loves her new big girl bed!
-----

6/26 - We braved the town garage sale this year and scored this awesome inflatable pool for $1. It was 93 degrees and we decided to give it a try. Blowing it up proved to be a bit of a challenge but once we figured it out and filled it with water we were excited to give it a go. Alex slept through the whole experience, which is probably a good thing because I know the water would not have met his minimum temperature requirements, it barely met mine it was so cold. The three big kids loved it though, they kept telling me to be all done with the camera and to come swimming with them.
-----

6/26 - Amelia loved this corner of the pool. She barely left it. Here she is deciding if she likes the water or not.
-----

6/26 - To spice things up a bit I got bath toys and balls to play with in the pool. Spencer called these his "lucky balls" which I thought was cute.
-----

6/26 - Amelia loved to play catch. Unfortunately she wasn't very good at it and typically ended up splashing her partner whether she was throwing or catching. Thus we see Spencer's expression after a chilling game of catch.
-----

6/26 - Miya wasn't very interested in the balls or other toys. She loved to just walk around the pool and inspect her wrinkly fingers.
-----

6/26 - Poor Amelia ran out of people wanting to play catch with her because she kept splashing everyone. This picture perfectly captures her plea to Aaron, "wanna play?"
-----

6/26 - I decided to help Amelia play catch and we had so much fun. Together we'd throw and catch the ball and everyone stayed dry and for once she got tired of it before her partner did. She actually caught the ball a few times on her own which was fun.
I still can't believe you have four kiddos. How is it? When do you find time to eat? Or shower? We are considering Baby #3, but I just don't know how I will find time for laundry or dishes or grocery shopping if I add another kid to the mix!!!
ReplyDeleteAmelia looks so grown-up in her big girl bed. I am sure she loves it. The pool pictures are really fun. It looks like you have a great pool for $1 that was a great find. It is a good way to enjoy the summer.
ReplyDelete