Thursday, July 29, 2010

Party, Princes, and Pretties


7/27 - Aaron turned THIRTY!! We all had so much fun on Aaron's birthday. I had told him the day before right before he left for work that I didn't have any presents for him. To him this meant I wasn't getting him any and thus we totally surprised him by going out after he left and getting him some things. They all look so cute waiting patiently to open the presents. Alex is not pictured because I am holding and feeding him while taking the pictures.

7/27 - Aaron loves practical things that help him be able to work on the house. For Christmas last year he asked for a door knob. For his birthday I got him some grout, a grout spreader, and a sponge to work on our bathroom floor. There was a leak in the pipe and it rotted out the floor, including floor boards, so now we have to tear it all up and replace it all. We also have to replace the cracked and leaking tub. The joys of homeownership.

7/27 - Cute little Amelia wanting some camera lovin'.

7/27 - I love everyone's anticipation over this one!

7/27 - A chalk line and BRIGHT green chalk (guess who picked the color, yeah Spencer). It's always hard to shop for Aaron because he never really asks for anything. I was so excited when he requested this in passing last week.

7/27 - My boys looking hand- some.

7/27 - The grout bucket also doubles as a baby seat.

7/27 - Miya wanted to know what this tool was for and Aaron said it was to make things flat. Thus, she decided Daddy's belly needed a little flattening, which I think is awesome because Aaron is by far the skinniest and flattest man I know.

7/27 - Isn't he so so cute! Thirty is already doing great things for him! Oh wait, this is supposed to be about all the cute stuff he got, that's good too.

7/27 - My cultured and handsome birthday man wrote 30 in Chinese with candles on his cake. I love his fun quirks!

7/27 - Check out that birthday glow.

7/27 - On the way to put the girls to bed Miya told Aaron, "Daddy, there's some- thing on my wall." She freaks out at the tiniest little bug so Aaron went it prepared to squish some poor unfortunate insect when he found this baby frog. Apparently it climbed up the outside wall and in through their window which currently has an a/c unit in it. Now that's dedication for this frog prince to find his Princess Miya.

7/27 - Also on Aaron's birthday was the death of the shoebox ink organizer. This box is quite old and was not even mine to begin with. I'd made do scrapbooking with it and having to pull the inks out, often from the very bottom only to have the entire pile topple out and all over the floor. Well, I'd scrimped and saved and this month I ordered...

7/27 - This FABULOUS new ink organizer!! Isn't is awesome! I got to pick it up on Aaron's birthday while we were out and couldn't wait to go play. I arranged everything beautifully in color order and I love it!

7/27 - The other side, yeah I have a lot of ink but there are still five holes to fill.

7/28 - Here's the shocker of the century, I high- lighted my hair! I've never ever done that. I've never even thought of doing this. Then I noticed I was growing in chunks of red hair, it was so so weird. Every time I wore my hair up I could see these red stripes in front and so many people asked me if I dyed my hair that I figured I might as well make that part blend in. I love it! I also got my haircut. So so cute!

7/28 - Another one of the cute hair and high- lights. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to cut my hair like yours, but the salon lady said it did not go with my head, but on you its great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your hair. I want mine like that. It is so cute on you. Happy Birthday Aaron. I hope you finally got your gift.

    ReplyDelete